FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Schlage C1 copying

<<

WolfSpring

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon May 01, 2023 11:54 am

Schlage C1 copying

I know it’s been a long time but could use some help. I need to make copies of some Schlage C1 keys and noticed side cuts on the keys are these specifically cut or universal? My basic key machine doesn’t do side cuts so I need to find an inexpensive machine that can do these cuts if needed. I am a certified locksmith BUT I haven’t done locksmithing in years basically took the course to be legally allowed to use picks and buy supplies. This is my companies site can give more details one on one if someone here doesn’t feel comfortable with the fact these are security restricted keys. Most the old timers can vouch for me I just need to know if the side cuts are specific to the lock and if so what machine to get.
http://www.youtube.com/wolfspring

What you call intelligence, I call common sense.
<<

WolfSpring

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon May 01, 2023 12:28 pm

Re: Schlage C1 copying

It’s a C145 blank

<<

just1pick+open

Post Mon May 01, 2023 3:11 pm

The side cuts are universal on those blanks . They operate an L shaped check pin in the Everest cylinders.
xeo: i use an electric buzzer exclusively for my ass that gets sanitized afterwards
PhoneMan: would have freaked my friend out if hed come over
MBI: Most anything goes.
PhoneMan: way to give me nightmares
selim: ok then blow your load,, i'll take anything free now a day's
<<

WolfSpring

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat May 06, 2023 1:27 am

Thanks, I thought as much. My job just had two Best locking doors replaced with new doors and locks, our contractor doesn't do lock stuff and bought them with the Schlage locks, and it's a PITA to get keys in Hawaii for some things in our location, locksmiths won't cut keys for these because of residential laws, but they will for a company, but they have to come to the site and we are int he middle of nowhere with restricted road hours.

Return to Key Making