FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Wanted- key cuts for padlock

<<

escapenrv

Familiar Face

Post Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:21 pm

Wanted- key cuts for padlock

I was given a Master padlock with key code 11N465. The lock is new and still on sales package but keys are missing. Code number is on back of package.
It is a 5 pin lock and I think it has a lot of serrated pins.
It will take me a lot of time and blank keys to make a key so I thought I would try for some help here first.

Thanks in advance.

Escaoenrv (Steve)
today in Cary, NC
<<

Visitor

Post Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:53 am

Re: Wanted- key cuts for padlock

With the master lock inherent weaknesses and the price they cost you need to decide if its worth the cost of a blank key and your time to even bother. Can you cut master locks to code? If not even having the code is not really going to be that helpful unless you have all the space and depth info.
What do you want to use the lock for? If it's for pick8ng practice (again so easy it hardly seems worth it) or do you want to use it as a padlock (again very little security in a master lock so not really advisable).

It won't have any serrated pins.

Do you have a model number or picture of it, you could open it by a number of techniques and might be able to disassemble the core depending on model then making a key is 10 minutes work.
<<

escapenrv

Familiar Face

Post Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:25 am

Thanks for the reply.
I should have made myself clearer. I am not working with a Master number 3. The lock I am working with is a model M15 (M15XKADLF). It looks to be a solid lock.
It does have security pins. I can feel 3 or 4 :serrated: but no spools. Since Master bought American, I am starting to see more security pins in the Master line.
I would send a photo but I have trouble attaching them to this site. However the lock is 38mm high and 32mm wide. It has a nice Boron Carbide shackle.
I can cut to code by file in NC and an old code machine in FL. I have the spacing and the key blank it needs (15K or M10).
I just need the depths for the key that has the code 11 n 465.
Thanks for your help.
Escapenrv
<<

Visitor

Post Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:15 pm

Try postimages.org if you can't use the site upload.
As far as that lock goes I'm pretty sure it doesn't have any security pins but I could be wrong, if you are sure then i bow to your knowledge as i dont have one in front of me but they arent known for them, I also believe every master lock can be comb picked / over lifted.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=isGH0desmEQ

However, I'm going off your original request, I'm sorry I can't help with a key code.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:35 pm

Bitting: 15215
Actual depths: .260, .201, .244, .260, .201

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

escapenrv

Familiar Face

Post Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:20 pm

Thanks CW...
No wonder I could not get it to work. I will try with one of my used keys first. I may have to wait until my new order of keys gets here next week.
I will let you know.
Thanks again.....

Return to Key Making