FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Wanted, any info on Deso locks

<<

Visitor

Post Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:40 pm

Wanted, any info on Deso locks

Hi everyone, has anyone got any depth info on the Deso locks? I've moved to another county and am coming across a lot of oil tanks with lost keys so want to make a decoding tool so am deciding between a determinator or lishi style tool.
Any depth info would be appreciated, thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:43 pm

Re: Wanted, any info on Deso locks

I will have a Look for you ...don't know much about them
Would think there's a tool on market ..

Ringo
<<

Visitor

Post Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:12 pm

Thanks, I can't just find a specific decoder but doesn't mean there isn't one that will fit. I'm leaning towards making a determinator for them. They are very easy to pick and get the plug out but it's nicer to just decode and make a key.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:14 pm

First thoughts Looks like a euro or Thule key used ..very common
Cut the Thule and euro keys for many years and stood out straight away :shock:

Here's a better pick Of one Atlas deso and used for oil tanks locking lids .
Deso lock possible Euro / Thule cam lock.
The pics

Deso lock code 196 https://imgur.com/a/NXYzmVE

Usually card 383 and usually coded keys 001 to 200

Space 161 256 350 445 539 in inch
Depth 0 . 268 1 . 205. 2 . 142 But looks too deep so would need to cut a key

Thoughts.
The one I've seen in pic I've posted up as code 196 looks like It does not match Series (but Sold on website)
But would need to see more to make a decision ..on the codes for atlas deso

If your asking what the Deso atlas 196 key is sold on the website
It's in photo above. 01222 is my First guess.... is it there master key maybe .
The Thule 196 being cut 12222 fyi .

Have they removed a wafer on this lock by any chance to a 4 wafer cut X0111
On a blank SILCA BT2 i'd cut 1110 from Tip then on same key 22210 From tip to try on a 196 code .
After that it's looking at the Blau cards 125 , 328 ,736 depths and space lol.

Another pic .
Deso lock atlas/ titan https://imgur.com/a/kox9YA7

On a Side note
You do not need to remove the lock on many Thule cylinders as core removes real easy in unlocked position
With a blank key .. shoulders filed back.
not saying this will be the same but usually held in place by a ( locking 6 wafer that needs lifting ).

But nothing to report on the code software ..for years us locksmiths have had to reverse engineer
Keys purchased and brought to us for depth and space info .

No one likes to share the info after theyve got it ..last week I received a few hepco and Becker keys from Germany
To do exactly this and was completely wrong as to what I'd thought they where ..now I know so happy days
Till next week .ROFL

Ringo
<<

Visitor

Post Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:47 am

Thanks Ringo, I don't do much key cutting even though I've still got a key cutting shop packed up that I bought when it went bust, I dipninto the keys every now and then but there must be 10k of them so it takes longer to find a key than it does to do the job.

Sorry I mislead you, I meant i remove the core, as you say there is s locking wafer and the LF16 key I've been using pulls the core out if not shortened first.

I have a lock here that I'm going to strip and measure up so will see if it corresponds to your sizes, I really appreciate the time you've taken, I stopped my instacode subscription a couple of years ago now as I just wasn't using it enough.

I'm going to make a determinator style tool.

I'll let you know how I get on, thank you.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:29 pm

If you get the 196 key specs ..pm them me please any time

Thanks

Ringo
<<

Visitor

Post Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:49 am

Sure :)
<<

Visitor

Post Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:27 pm

I've hit a dead end on any depth info, my suppliers don't have any cards for the deso locks and 196 keys brought up 900+ results lol
I've found adverts selling the keys on their own, I've gone through the purchase system until they ask for money and nowhere do they ask for any lock details so I've played a dumb customer and emailed a couple of firms asking how will I know if the key will fit my lock and asked if one set of keys would fit 2 oil tanks i have (a little white lie of course) I'm starting to wonder if maybe at least the oil tank locks are all keyed the same.
Certainly any key I've found a picture of appears to have the same biting but of course they could all be using manufacturer supplied library pictures.
Just an idea right now. I'm going to order a couple of locks for stock anyway so should know better then.
<<

Visitor

Post Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:15 pm

As I suspected the manufacturers/main dealers couldn't help.

I can confirm however that the silca BT2 and JMA equivalent BL-2 do not fit this lock, I have a bag of 20 jma blanks here that came this morning and a silca I got from my boards and although the profile looks simular every dimension is wrong and they won't go in.
The closest I've got so far is the Silca LF16 I originally started all this voyage off with but it's 3-4mm too long.
I'll go back to my storage in the morning to see if I can find a shorter version.
I guess I've just another bag of blanks I'll never use to throw in a corner somewhere lol.

Return to Key Making