FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

File Cabinet Keys

<<

jharveee

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:00 am

File Cabinet Keys

The other day a customer came in to have some keys duplicated. They looked like office furniture / file cabinet type. AP1, AP2, and AP3.
Maybe Steelcase/Chicago? But I noticed there is a small dimple on the side of the blank. The blanks at the shop do not have this feature?
So, I am hoping some one can inform me as to what this feature is and if it's needed or who is using them?
Thanks
SideXDimple.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:10 pm

Re: File Cabinet Keys

Jet blanks K101H - K104H have this dimple.
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

jharveee

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:30 pm

Re: File Cabinet Keys

Thank you, it's good to know I can order them with the dimple. The dimple is so far back on the blank, at the shoulder stop, I really don't see how it can be doing much? Although, I haven't seen or taken apart the lock it goes into.?

Return to Key Making