FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

UMS key kit

<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:52 pm

UMS key kit

This is from a live auction I attended last month. The kits on Ebay that I've seen do not have the code book and some are missing tools.
http://imgur.com/a/yIaIo
'Gunter glieben glauten globen' Def Leppard, Rock of Ages, 1983
<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:19 pm

Re: UMS key kit

I LOVE old tools like these! Have you tried to make a key with it? These I assume are for generating "original" keys? I take it those "brass" tools are for decoding locks? I would glue myself to the screen to see a video of this tool set in action! Great find.
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin
<<

Werewolf

Familiar Face

Post Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:22 am

Re: UMS key kit

mastersmith wrote:I take it those "brass" tools are for decoding locks? I would glue myself to the screen to see a video of this tool set in action! Great find.

The brass tools are likely to be like something similar to determinator or accu-reader.
The protrusion at the end of the tool gets stuck behind the wafers. The higher the protrusion , the shallower the cut.
The tools on top in the picture can then reset the wafer to get the brass tool out. The teeth on the tool show the position of the wafer.

Looks like a nice piece of kit to try and recreate in our workshop.
Thanks for sharing !!
"Who are you and how did you get in here ?"
"I'm the locksmith , and i'm a locksmith"

Return to Key Making