FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Medeco keys

<<

Pick-Fu

Familiar Face

Post Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:16 pm

Medeco keys

Before giving my key making equipment to my nephew, I wanted to get a 1012 cutter because I have the Medeco cards and 2 locks that I needed keys for. After getting 2 of 3 Raise cutters that were out of specs I was a little leary about getting a Raise 1012 but I couldnt afford an HPC version. When I ordered the Raise, I asked for them to make sure that it was 2.375.. Now I dont know if they listened or I just got lucky but I got it today and it was a perfect 2.375 (I still have the 14MC and 90MC that are 2.382 and 2.390)

Well I finally got to cut some keys for the locks I have... Harder then I figured it would be, had to make sure it was all adjusted correctly first..
Then I made all of the cuts and tried it in the lock.... works but has a little bit of a hitch so I start measuring the cuts, all are within .005 of what they should be.
Finally took out the core and had a look at the pins with the key in it, I forgot that they were used locks and the pins are a bit worn so they were not perfect at the shear line.

oh well, good enough for my reloading room door
<<

Pick-Fu

Familiar Face

Post Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:02 pm

Re: Medeco keys

Boy do I feel stupid.... I went back to the 2 Medeco locks I have because I was not happy with the little hitch I had after making my keys.
Well after about an hour and a half I found out that my cuts were perfect, It was the sidebar that was the hitch.
I thought that a Medeco would be smooth going from turning one way to the other like my Corbin/Assa lock.
<<

droshi

Familiar Face

Post Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:13 am

Re: Medeco keys

Yeah, you're just feeling the sidebar depress, all normal. :)

Return to Key Making