FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Best construction core bitting.

<<

Q3b

Post Wed May 11, 2016 2:37 pm

Best construction core bitting.

Good afternoon/morning. I have a friend who has a box of Best construction cores but does not have any keys to them because the construction manager of the building they came from didn't hand him the keys so since I looked online for a while and didn't find any results I decided to ask you guys.
Just to be clear I am not trying to use the keys on any building (never even seen a place with construction cores in use) I just want to get some keys for my friend and hopefully he will give me some of the cores.
also I created this account a while ago but never really got on till 2016 and was wondering if there is anything I could do to become someone more than a noob asking suspicious questions about locks. because I am really into locks and have been collecting keys for quite a while.
Thanks - Q3b
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Wed May 11, 2016 3:28 pm

Re: Best construction core bitting.

Q3b wrote:...I created this account a while ago but never really got on till 2016 and was wondering if there is anything I could do to become someone more than a noob asking suspicious questions about locks.
Thanks - Q3b

Well if you had a picture of the box of cores, particularly a time-stamped picture, it would help establish that you're looking for keys to those locks and not something installed on a building. The picture would also show us the construction color used on the cores, which in some cases can help establish the bitting of the construction keys.

Take a picture with a post-it beside the locks, saying something like "keypicking" and today's date on it. Then you can reply to this thread and there is a place down the page a little ways when you're making the reply, which will let you upload the picture directly to this thread so everyone can see it.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Wed May 11, 2016 3:51 pm

what MBI said - I would be happy to help once we establish that these are in fact yours.
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

Q3b

Post Wed May 11, 2016 4:38 pm

Aright thanks. I understand why you would need that, I will probably get the picture tomorrow.
by the way they are green cores from 2015.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Wed May 11, 2016 5:19 pm

Don't forget to show the keyway in the pictures. ;)

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Wed May 11, 2016 5:32 pm

GWiens2001 wrote:Don't forget to show the keyway in the pictures. ;)

Gordon

Indeed!

Maybe in a separate, close-up picture. Just in case, to help make a positive identification for you.
<<

Q3b

Post Thu May 12, 2016 1:52 pm

Welp guys he said that he doesnt need the keys because he claimed that the contractor would give him keys soon.
But thank you for your quick responses and also is anyone willing to sell some cores for me to add to my collection? And if so how would transactions work.
Also they were all 7 pic A keyway cores.
<<

WestCoastPicks

Familiar Face

Post Thu May 12, 2016 5:05 pm

Cores are all over ebay. If you're looking to buy off someone here, it might be a little hard being new. But just drop an ad in the buy/sell/trade area. Payment is usually made via PayPal.

Search around some. You will find a guy named Tim Monte. He sells sfic cores at a low price. He has thousands of them and he's a super nice guy. Again payments are made via PayPal.

You could also try a trade.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Thu May 12, 2016 7:39 pm

I have lots of cores, with keys...send me a PM and we can discuss.
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife

Return to Key Making