FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Chinese Fully Automatic Machine

<<

jacobbiljo

Familiar Face

Post Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:28 pm

Chinese Fully Automatic Machine

So I was given an Chinese automatic key cutting machine from a friend. He had it sitting around for a couple years after buying it at a surplus store as not working. With some rewiring I got it spinning and will be replacing a dead snap switch next week. I will be cleaning up my quick sketch schematics and can post them once they are understandable by someone other than myself.

My machine is similar to this machine with the addition of a dial adjuster for the tracer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVZvCVF75f4

Do you guys know of any discussions for these machines, useful manuals or guides on how to set them up.

For all those interested, the list of important problems on my machine was:
- Start push button falling apart
- Relay came loose and case broke off
- Snap switch to stop cycle broken internally
- Wire fell out of terminal block
- Wire connected very poorly in terminal block
<<

jacobbiljo

Familiar Face

Post Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:35 pm

Re: Chinese Fully Automatic Machine

Ive gone through and cleaned up a schematic for my machine. Hopefully this can help some people with their own machines.
key cutter wiring.jpg

The theory behind this wiring is not too complicated:
- Snap switch cuts off power to the whole circuit if the manual hand crank wheel is not retracted.
- Power switch turns on everything but the work light. The built-in indicator is hooked up after the above switch to only light up when it can run.
- The motor is a 3 wire configuration with a capacitor to create a phase lag on the second winding which starts the motor.
- The motor is controlled by one set of contacts on the relay.
- The start button puts power across the relay coil which starts the motor. The relay then latches itself through a second set of contacts, holding power on while the cut progresses.
- The cam end switch opens up power to the relay coil stopping operation
The one thing to note about this circuit is the start button will need to be held down as long as it takes to rotate the cam off the end switch.

With the machine operating properly I now need to figure out how to get the shoulder stop bar setup correctly so it makes good keys.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Ganbat75

Familiar Face

Post Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:27 pm

How much is this thing? I saw people making this by themselves.
<<

jacobbiljo

Familiar Face

Post Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:40 pm

Return to Key Making