FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Interview!

<<

nozza36

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:48 pm

Re: Interview!

Ok Moose , good luck mate !
Just a couple of hints ,
Get an early night if you can
At your first opportunity , slip " I could even start today " into the conversation.
Tell them that you are in good health , and that you can safely lift/move
heavy goods and you can weild a broom and mop expertly too .
This hopefully will make it clear that you understand the starting at the bottom ethic !
Now go get'em tiger !
Open Sez Me !
<<

m0ose

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:15 am

Welp, the interview went ok. She was an interesting person, and gave a very girly handshake. That's fine, it's her hands. :P But yeah, it sounds like I've got high chance of pushing carts 16 hours a week. She asked me things such as what I wanted to do for a job there and I told her "I'm don't mind doing anything. As long as the law doesn't say otherwise, I'm not picky when it comes to work." But yeah, so she asked me a bunch of stuff like if I was available and such and if I would work weekends. I made myself extremely available and then she asked about Holidays. I said, "As long as it isn't Christmas or Thankgiving I'm fine with that." But all in all it went ok. I got there 10 minutes early and waited 15 minutes to be interviewed.

Either way I've got a shot and that's what matters. She never asked for a resume, but before I left I asked her if she wanted a copy. She looked beyond confused and began stuttering. Then she said, "Uh... sure... I'll put it in your file." So we'll see.

All in all it went ok. It just frustrates me because I couldn't read her emotions and feelings. Like she was beyond my person reading abilities.

One good thing she did say was though, "Well, since your so available you are on the top of my list. If you really don't mind pushing carts, I can give you at least 16 hours a week if all goes well. I've got a lot more interviews to go through this week, but availability is key." Then she smiled. So who knows.

All I know for sure is that it's better than sitting on my ass!
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:59 am

m0ose wrote:
Welp, the interview went ok. She was an interesting person, and gave a very girly handshake. That's fine, it's her hands. :P But yeah, it sounds like I've got high chance of pushing carts 16 hours a week. She asked me things such as what I wanted to do for a job there and I told her "I'm don't mind doing anything. As long as the law doesn't say otherwise, I'm not picky when it comes to work." But yeah, so she asked me a bunch of stuff like if I was available and such and if I would work weekends. I made myself extremely available and then she asked about Holidays. I said, "As long as it isn't Christmas or Thankgiving I'm fine with that." But all in all it went ok. I got there 10 minutes early and waited 15 minutes to be interviewed.

Either way I've got a shot and that's what matters. She never asked for a resume, but before I left I asked her if she wanted a copy. She looked beyond confused and began stuttering. Then she said, "Uh... sure... I'll put it in your file." So we'll see.

All in all it went ok. It just frustrates me because I couldn't read her emotions and feelings. Like she was beyond my person reading abilities.

One good thing she did say was though, "Well, since your so available you are on the top of my list. If you really don't mind pushing carts, I can give you at least 16 hours a week if all goes well. I've got a lot more interviews to go through this week, but availability is key." Then she smiled. So who knows.

All I know for sure is that it's better than sitting on my ass!

Man, that is great news! Hopefully, you'll land yourself some type of position in the company and you can make some progress.
<<

Site Admin

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:04 am

Yup, well done, it certainly sounds promising, best of luck to you.

Lew
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:30 pm

great job on the interview.
& good luck getting it.
<<

m0ose

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:35 pm

Thanks everyone! I sure hope it all goes bad with her other interview. Gives me more of a chance. ;)

But yeah, thanks a ton for the support!

Rock on!
<<

Jc2intelligent

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:43 pm

cool. i wish ya the best of luck. i got a feeling that you'll get the job. sorry i couldn't be there before on the subject. i can't wait for a job myself. i'm getting chills just thinking about it. a don't know if i should start a resume for my first job, but i've got a year and a half untill it happens. but just to be sure, what should i include in my resume? it seems like it would be a pain to start, but i'm always the type to plan ahead, and i wanna start NOW. seeing other people be sucessful makes me envious, and when i'm envious i use it as a motive. thanks moose, for giving me motivation. :D
no matter how good you are there is still room for improvement. if you keep working you will be the best there ever will be. Banned For Persistently Annoying Others After Continually Being Warned. --- Learn From His MistakeImage
<<

m0ose

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:21 pm

Well, I got the job. She called today and Friday at 2 I have to go do the pre-work papers and such and then Sat is orientation. So I'll be working like a real man. :P My GF says that 16 hours a week out in the sun pushing lines of carts and moving around is going to make me loose some weight... We can only hope she is correct. :P
<<

ratyoke

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:28 pm

congratulations. I used to push carts in high school. I lost weight.
<<

Jc2intelligent

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:30 pm

m0ose wrote:Well, I got the job. She called today and Friday at 2 I have to go do the pre-work papers and such and then Sat is orientation. So I'll be working like a real man. :P My GF says that 16 hours a week out in the sun pushing lines of carts and moving around is going to make me loose some weight... We can only hope she is correct. :P

congrats moose!!! (woohoo) this calls for a celebration! hallis,where's the everclear? (LOL)

i'm gunna work when i'm 15 at my locksmith. i'm pretty sure i'll get the job. just like stacy said "skills can be learned, but enthusiasm is everything" or something like that. and i got enthusiasm.

yeah. when i was working on my second lawn from my lawnmowing service i worked 8 HOURS!! but the finished product was worth it. i woke up slimmer. and that's when my exersizes got more intense. and i also got friends that look better than me so i'm trying to look like them (but i'm natural. no bulemia or testosterone simulators for me. but my friends use boosters that are legal though.). but jogging 3 miles in the morning make me feel great! and when i put that weight vest on.... :twisted:

congrats moose :D
no matter how good you are there is still room for improvement. if you keep working you will be the best there ever will be. Banned For Persistently Annoying Others After Continually Being Warned. --- Learn From His MistakeImage
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:32 pm

congrats moose
<<

m0ose

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:49 pm

Hehe, thanks everyone! :D I can't wait to get to work! I just hope all goes well from here on out as well. Today was an amazing day. Got three new locks, tension wrenches, a job, good food, got to see my gf, etc etc etc. I'm so happy right now! Plus, I'm able to pick one of the new locks! Today was just amazingly great! :D
<<

Site Admin

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:53 pm

"OH HAPPY DAYY!!!!!!!" (woohoo) (woohoo) (woohoo)

Congrats man
hope you enjoy it there.

Lew
<<

m0ose

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:42 pm

Hehe, thanks you guys! IT means a lot to have your support. :D
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:17 pm

m0ose wrote:Hehe, thanks you guys! IT means a lot to have your support. :D

Our support? Hell, you're gonna be supporting ME in my old age via your social security taxes - so hurry up and get to work....slacker bastard. ;)
PreviousNext

Return to Random Banter