FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

New Job Opportunity

<<

ChipShuhart

Familiar Face

Post Mon May 05, 2008 11:40 am

New Job Opportunity

I went to my lockie shop the other day for some key blanks, and got offered a job. A few months ago I told the owner that I picked locks for fun, and he challenged me to pick a master pro-series shrouded padlock. I picked it in just a few seconds and then gave him my card. Well on friday when I went in he told me that his main locksmith broke his hand and he needed help. He offered to train me everything from auto lockouts, to rekeying, installs and master key systems and would pay me much more than what I'm making now doing electronics. I just wanted to let everyone know because I'm totally stoked, and now I have a hookup for code cutters, key blanks, and tons of locks. The shop is a certfied mul-t-lock, abbloy, medeco, best, and schlage dealer. I will be able to cut marshall keys and bump keys on my own time and will have access to all sorts of pins and hard-to-find or restricted key blanks. It will probably be a few weeks till I start but I will let you guys know when I do, in case anyone needs anything.
<<

Site Admin

Post Mon May 05, 2008 11:46 am

Re: New Job Opportunity

that's freaking sweet dude, i'm pleased for you, and now i can get some new marshall keys :)
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Mon May 05, 2008 3:52 pm

thats awesome :P
your lucky.
that reminds me, a lock shop told me to come back in the summer and apply... maybe i should stop by...
<<

93940joe

Familiar Face

Post Mon May 05, 2008 5:38 pm

thats same thing happend to me exepet i pick 2 schlage door locks and i went in for an abus padlock. haha thats cool bro
<<

atomicmufin

Familiar Face

Post Mon May 05, 2008 6:31 pm

SHIT! i'm so jealous! i'm going to take out all my frustrations in the arcade.
<<

ChipShuhart

Familiar Face

Post Tue May 06, 2008 6:57 am

Thanks everyone. Romstar, thanks for the insite. Fortunately for me I think there will be a lot less crap work than you gave your apprentice because I am replacing one of their main guys and they said they need help really bad. He told me I would jump right into doing lockouts since that is what I have most experience in. I have another meeting with him today and we will go over more specifics about when I will start and what I will be doing.

Thanks everyone for the support and motivation; if locksport didn't have such a strong community I would have given up the hobby a long time ago.
<<

m0ose

Post Tue May 06, 2008 11:48 am

Oh maaan, lucky! Hell, I'll throw it out there... I'd give a toe to work in a lockshop. :P I don't care if I was mopping floors for a year. The opportunity to move forward is great and I would just love it. You struck the jackpot there buddy! Good luck and I hope all works well. :P
<<

Site Admin

Post Tue May 06, 2008 4:08 pm

let us know how that meeting went chip, hope you worked it all out
<<

Site Admin

Post Tue May 06, 2008 4:19 pm

oh hell yeah, sounds awesome, now i have two friends who can get me stuff :D
<<

nozza36

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue May 06, 2008 8:32 pm

Soooo jealous !
Good luck Chip !
Open Sez Me !
<<

ChipShuhart

Familiar Face

Post Wed May 07, 2008 5:43 am

Thanks again everyone, I had the interview yesterday and I can pretty much start whenever I want. I have a few things at my other job that need to be taken care of first but I will be switching over to my new job in a few weeks. I'll let you all know when I start!
<<

m0ose

Post Wed May 07, 2008 6:20 am

ChipShuhart wrote:Thanks again everyone, I had the interview yesterday and I can pretty much start whenever I want. I have a few things at my other job that need to be taken care of first but I will be switching over to my new job in a few weeks. I'll let you all know when I start!

Congrats! I hope all goes 100% well for you! :D
<<

Site Admin

Post Wed May 07, 2008 2:09 pm

yeah good luck man

Return to Random Banter