FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Monkey see, monkey do

<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:10 pm

Monkey see, monkey do

Pulling into the parking lot of a local big-box store I can see a cop car . I drive by and see the cop had just opened a locked car for a store customer. Nice. Many small town departments will do that, many more won't. I found a parking space about 60 feet from where the cop had just done the opening. I exited my car and hit the lock button on my way out. OOPS......the keys are in the ignition. Of course, the cop that had opened the other car was now gone. Went into the store and had the customer service desk call the local police to see if a unit could come and open the car. Ten minutes waiting and an officer showed up and used the Big Stick and an air wedge to open my car. I had to sign a waiver releasing the department from any damages. That's all fine. I got in and sheepishly drove away.
'Gunter glieben glauten globen' Def Leppard, Rock of Ages, 1983
<<

L4R3L2

Post Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:41 pm

Re: Monkey see, monkey do

O.K. Nobody lie now. We've probably all done it. Most of us don't go telling anyone, though. LOL!

It's for this very scenario that I took to carrying a spare door key in my wallet. Just flat metal, no plastc head, that I can't even tell is there...until I need it. I got tired of wasting "free" AAA service calls on simple mistakes.
<<

Visitor

Post Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:07 am

Re: Monkey see, monkey do

And yet they get pissed when I pull people over for speeding lol.
They should stick to their remit and stop taking work away from locksmiths imho.

Return to Random Banter