FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Fishermen of Keypicking

<<

DroppedTensionWrench

Post Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:56 pm

Fishermen of Keypicking

Any other members fish? Mostly I catch and release, but I do occasionally eat what I catch. Really curious what you guys catch outside of North America. Definitely awesome points for Musky fisherman. Got any cool pics post them please. Tips, tricks, and tactics for the seasons much appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:15 am

Re: Fishermen of Keypicking

Haha thas awesome. I LOVE shipping but hardly never get out to fish :(
<<

Josephus

Post Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:21 pm

Fishing used to be an everyday activity when I was a kid in Wisconsin. Bored? Just go walk to the nearest lake. Not so much anymore as there isn't anywhere near as much inland water in Michigan and the southern region of the state is more or less fished out compared to what it once was decades ago.

Thinking about getting back into it with some friends as we prefer taking vacations that just so happen to be prime trout areas. Thinking about trying tenkara instead of usual spinning.

I have never really worried much about tactics and tools. The fish I murdered didn't seem to care either. Finding them is the hard part for me.

Used to go for panfish to eat, steelhead for fun or eating, and pike for fun and uhg..pickling. Its not what I would say good but at least you don't have to worry about all their bones. Other people love it so maybe my dad never taught me how to make it right. Muskie was nothing I went after. The minimum size started at a huge 40ish inches. Its a little higher in Michigan. They are so few and take so long to get big that it was less of a goal than a hope.

To catch bigguns all I ever did was use bigger, artificial bait that most fish would not get hooked on and use it in an area where there was enough food for them to get big. Size or depth of water never seemed to matter, but then again the waterways up there are really interconnected. This is how all the northern pike was caught. Aim for something tasty and get the waterwolf with its bones and nasty teeth. I was not about to risk that maw if the hook was stuck, so gotta do something with it right?
<<

HT4

Post Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:54 pm

I haven't been fishing in years, but I grew up fishing all the time. I grew up in farm country, and in the summers I'd disappear all day long with my dog and fishing gear. The river near where I lived was stocked with rainbow and brown trout. A bobber, sinker and whatever kind of wriggly crawlers I could find under riverside rocks was my normal setup... never had much trouble hooking something. My parents didn't really care for me bringing any home, so I mostly just caught what I could eat (I cooked them by fire on a flat rock) and released everything else. What a great time.
Check out my "LockPickingLawyer" YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm9K6rby98W8JigLoZOh6FQ/videos
<<

davesnothere11

Familiar Face

Post Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:48 pm

Fishing is year round fun up here. I am anxiously waiting for the lakes to freeze so I can drill some holes and drop a line. Got out in the boat a bit this summer and caught a few dinners. Sadly, I didn't get round to fishing for salmon this year.

Caught a few trout though. Here's a nice 22" rainbow

Also made trip for some halibut. Didn't catch any monsters, but did get quite a few dinners.

And here's a few good ones from an ice fishing trip when my wife got a monster rainbow and I got a nice large dolly varden.

(18:56:54) HAL 9000 Sez: It isn't so much bait as it is chum

My lock photography: https://flic.kr/s/aHskv3U6Tx
My picking videos:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr_YDBWHU0VpoIjmfocIbuw
<<

selim

Diabolical Pinning Master & Lock Philanthropist
Diabolical Pinning Master & Lock Philanthropist

Post Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:50 pm

Those are some whicked rainbows man,
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:13 pm

I have nothing from this year but this is a Rainbow I caught 2 falls ago during the salmon spawn.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

DroppedTensionWrench

Post Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:25 pm

Prespawn is on for the smallmouth bass and large mouth will be following very soon. Texas rigged lizards and creature baits are hot at the moment. Chatter baits and jigs fished slow too. Exciting time of year but very important to release the fish.
<<

madsamurai

Post Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:43 am

Nice smallies, DroppedTensionWrench! Still a bit early for them here in Ohio, but will be gettin' on 'em soon. I fly fish rivers here for smallmouth quite a bit, early season is generally small crawfish patterns. Later in the summer is much more fun, with surface poppers and big splashy takes. Can't wait...
<<

oldbiscuit

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:29 pm

I can't remember if I posted this picture on here before, but here's my version of fishing, "Master Angler"
"It never fails - as soon as I find the key to success, somebody changes the lock!"
<<

Logan

Familiar Face

Post Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:26 pm

Might do a little fishing, might have a picture of the first fly rod I built.
"My only definite plan is that in the future I'm definitely just using this screwdriver for screwing in screws" -The Doctor

┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐

Return to Random Banter