FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

What did you receive in the mail today?

<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:17 am

Re: What did you receive in the mail today?

Man-o-man! Some beautiful stuff comin' in guys!

WestCoast... Sure looks like you walked outta there with some cool shit for little money :D

What a beautiful Yale Jeff!

Really like those dial coins Gordon. Very cool. I hope to see another
picture if/when you decide what to do with 'em, or how to display 'em.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

Geir

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:22 am

After buying a set of Petersons from lockpickshop and being very satisfied, I ordered replacements from Peterson.
IMG_0473.JPG

Gotta have tools :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

mrdeus

Familiar Face

Post Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:12 pm

Well, it was yesterday, but I got a package from Sparrows containing their Sherman case, tension tools, pad lock shims and a couple of picks for me to try out. I can finally fit everything in one case.
<<

Oldfast

Post Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:44 pm

mrdeus... Gotta love gettin' those goodies :D

Geir... lol... well, think it's safe to say you're in this for the long haul.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

Josh66

Post Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:03 pm

ImageDSCF3344 by Joshua Engler, on Flickr

That came in from Security Snobs today. The bitting looks like a bitch... I was hoping it would be easier than that, lol.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:37 pm

Got a nice HL Flake order, a day before it was supposed to arrive. A mix of stuff - will post the video later.
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

Josh66

Post Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:16 pm

Got two Commando locks in today - the Blackout and the all brass marine lock (got that one because it's pretty, lol). I haven't tried picking them yet (I will pretty soon). Last time I bought a Commando they still had the M1 keyay and were only using spool pins. I hear they're using spools and serrated now...?

ImageDSCF3346 by Joshua Engler, on Flickr

ImageDSCF3350 by Joshua Engler, on Flickr

ImageDSCF3349 by Joshua Engler, on Flickr

ImageDSCF3351 by Joshua Engler, on Flickr

Anyone know what that "0210" or "02U1" is? Date code or something?
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:36 pm

0201 is the code for the bitting. Looking at the keyway, you know it is a Yale type keyway. The keys have Y0201 on them, and the keys are bitted the same.

You can pick those locks backward, and remove the shackles. :)

Still have two of the prototype locks with the Yale keyway in my collection. They are a little bit more difficult than the M10 keyway.

CLC uses spools, double spools and serrated driver pins, plain and serrated key pins, and two or three different strength driver pins.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Josh66

Post Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:09 pm

Duh - I should have known that was the bitting code. In fact, I remember reading on their website that the bitting code (which does not actually give away the bitting) was on the lock... Did not even notice that they were keyed alike, lol.

They've definitely made some improvements since the last time I've bought one a couple years ago. The last ones I had just had regular spools in them and weren't all that hard to pick. I haven't gotten these open yet, but it's hard to pick right now - my finger tip is pretty raw from sanding a couple picks today... The old ones I have could have the shackle removed by picking it CCW too.

The Yale keyway has never really given me much trouble. I sort of just roll my picks around it.
<<

nine4t4

Familiar Face

Post Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:52 am

mrdeus wrote:Well, it was yesterday, but I got a package from Sparrows containing their Sherman case, tension tools, pad lock shims and a couple of picks for me to try out. I can finally fit everything in one case.

I just picked up my Peterson's that have been sitting in the post office. I WAS going to buy a Sherman, after seeing how little room is left in the Peterson Case I am definitely going to get a Sherman. Even my Sparrows Comp case is more practical since I can throw a detainer pick or tubular pick in and still zip it up.

The Peterson's are actually better than I was expecting. The prybars have so much "texture" it looks almost decorative, the picks are not that bad and it will only take a couple of beers to get them polished. I'm going to take before and after picks of my clean up/ final finishing efforts.
JOB: (n.) a series of tasks that aren't enjoyable, but are done in return for money. see Prostitution
A LIVING: (n.) A means of enjoying ones existence that also provides financial compensation. see Freedom
<<

DroppedTensionWrench

Post Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:23 pm

Got the wise padlock, an Illinois padlock (to keep my DUO company), and 2 Corbin master rings in today!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

spuds

Familiar Face

Post Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:29 pm

Papa Gleb wrote:Ill let the pictures say all the words :)

Its been 2 days since its in my possession and I cant stop thinking about it. Been wanting one with or without keys and with any core for the longest probably, as they say those who wait something something gets a Ruko Garant Plus with Keys and Card :).

Nice Lock Papa Gleb
Even Duct tape can't fix stupid But it can muffle the sound ! ;-)
Jim
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:52 pm

Herty Gerty

Also got a new cutter for the HG. After calibrating it, it works beautifully.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Lauren

Post Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:13 pm

Today I received a bubble lined envelope from an Ebay seller with a torn end with nothing inside. What would have been inside included a wonderful AMES SWORD padlock stamped 'PERFECTION'. I've been accused of having too high of expectations from a seller who used an "approved envelope". But this same seller didn't even bother taping the edges. Just when I thought I had seen it all, a new seller philosophy emerges; "I have a post office problem". In other words, pound sand. Fortunately, Ebay sided with me, and after three days from now, 'refund'.

Is it me? Or, do sellers just lack common sense. A little tape goes a long way, approved packaging or not. An antique can't be replaced. So, why not reflect this knowledge in the way you package?
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:52 pm

That is sorely disappointing, Lauren.
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
PreviousNext

Return to Random Banter