FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

youtube HELP!

<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:00 pm

youtube HELP!

Some of the vids I upload are good, but for the most part they are terrible in comparison to the original files and it takes hours to upload over a DSL connection. I can't go to sleep and wake up to have a 6 minute video uploaded, and then it looks like absolute shit when it's finally done!!! I'm not filming flying saucers, I want focus and smooth video. I'm realistic, I expect free hosting to affect quality, but this last one is the final straw. Choppy, grainy, dark, absolutely god aweful. The AVI that was uploaded is crystal clear and smooth, but the online vid is so miserable it almost gave me a seisure. 97MB, 640x480, 15frames per second, 7391kbps. Just what is screwing me? It wouldn't piss me off so bad if it didn't take so long to upload. Is 90 minutes for every min of vid normal for DSL? Is there freeware I can get to reduce this, because it's infuriating.

The youtube handbook is a joke, and as far as I can tell I'm well within their requirements. Any kind of youtube tips would be greatly appreciated.

-Tooly
<<

RangerJ03

Familiar Face

Post Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:19 pm

Re: youtube HELP!

Are you using the bulk upload plugin it helps me out. I use quick time video and it only takes me about 1 hour or less for a 5 minute video.

As for AVI I really don't know what to tell ya. Try the bulk upload plugin.
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:02 am

1) Can you upload your file as something other than AVI? For example, can you upload it as an Mpeg or WMV file?

2) Are you using a video editing program that allows you to convert your file to Window Movie Video 9 (WMV 9) @ 768 x 432? That works very well (for me anyways), especially if you have a Hi Def camera.

3) 90 minutes per minute of video seems extremely excessive. Depending on how much traffic there is, uploading can be a bitch during the day. But late at night, upload speed increases a bit. What provider are you using?

4) As far as lighting goes, although it may look good on your camera and computer, you can expect significant degradation by the time it all gets processed. Use some type of lighting to really brighten things up and make up for the anticipated drop in quality.

5) You can use this site to convert video formats. Try it, it's free.
http://media-convert.com/
<<

barbarian

Post Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:44 am

There are two levels of YouTube video now. They convert whatever you upload to what they want. I noticed a couple of suggestions here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YouTube

Look under "Video Quality".
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:56 am

Thank you guys for the suggestions. No I don't use a video editor, I never considered the bulk uploader as I couldn't even get 1 to work right, and I wasn't sure what type of file to convert to, or what software to use. It started out being good to me(youtube), but has continued to piss me off so bad I couldn't even think about it. "Check out the youtube handbook for upload help", and there are those two queers hamming it up for the camera. What kind of fucking help is that? Really there is nowhere on the damn site that has any real suggestions for trouble shooting? Now that my rage has subsided and I have some additional perspective from you fine folks maybe I can think rationally again.

Thanks for the well thought out and very structured reply HallisChalmers.
Barbarian, I'll check out the wikipedia link for extra help, I hope I won't need it.
RangerJ03... cheers mate! :mrgreen:

Thanks again guys.

-ToolyMcgee
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:23 am

i share your frustration,tooly...YT continually piss me off.
i have found mpeg files to work best,though.
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

crazy

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:23 pm

In my case I did not recognize the videos in HD :x
<<

quaiboi

Familiar Face

Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:27 am

i'm also like you but mine's not so long......i've got a samsung camcorder mx-20.....but at least it's much better than my handphone camera

Return to Random Banter