FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

source for feeler gauge stock Canada?

<<

jjd1911

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:12 pm

Re: source for feeler gauge stock Canada?

abroxis wrote:This company has stores all across Canada so depending where you live it might be a cash and carry deal.

Starrett
GAGE-THICKNESS .020X12IN

Thickness gauge or feeler stock is made of the finest tempered steel with a convenient 3/16 inch hole punched in the end for hanging. Used in automotive, aviation, diesel and farm equipment manufacture and service.
S2.42 each

http://www.acklandsgrainger.com

A few near me as well! Thanks!!!
<<

jjd1911

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:21 pm

abroxis wrote:This company has stores all across Canada so depending where you live it might be a cash and carry deal.

Starrett
GAGE-THICKNESS .020X12IN

Thickness gauge or feeler stock is made of the finest tempered steel with a convenient 3/16 inch hole punched in the end for hanging. Used in automotive, aviation, diesel and farm equipment manufacture and service.
S2.42 each

went past my local store today and they will have a some 12" feeler for me tomorrow morning! thanks so much for the info!
<<

Kovy

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:46 pm

Starrett
GAGE-THICKNESS .020X12IN

S2.42 each

I went to take a look....they only sell to companies..... dammit...lol
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:09 am

At their retail stores?
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

jjd1911

Familiar Face

Post Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:51 pm

Kovy wrote:

i bought from them no issue they asked if i wanted to setup an account, i said no. paid cash and all was good.
<<

Kovy

Post Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:36 pm

:twisted:
jjd1911 wrote:
Kovy wrote:

i bought from them no issue they asked if i wanted to setup an account, i said no. paid cash and all was good.

They told ME I HAD to open an account or they WONT sell to me......

maybe I'll try another store of theres....
<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:11 pm

Tell them you're with Kovy Tools and set up a cash account.
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:23 pm

mastersmith wrote:Tell them you're with Kovy Tools and set up a cash account.

Yep. Seriously dude, he's right, it's all about social engineering. Don't go in and ask if they'll sell to you, just assume they will do it. Walk in and tell them you need to set up a C.O.D. account and give them a list of what you need. Don't make a big deal about it, just act like it's the sort of thing you've been doing every day of your adult life.
<<

unlisted

Post Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:47 pm

Kovy wrote:

Starrett
GAGE-THICKNESS .020X12IN

S2.42 each

Yea, Acklands sells to the public at basically any of their stores. If you went to their Headquarters location they can be a bit dodgy at times- but they do cash sales to anyone who walks in. I've made multiple cash purchases from them over the past 15-20 years simply walking in there and saying "I want to purchase this". They ask if I have an account, and I reply with nope, cash sale. First purchase I was about 16 years young.

Mind you, try to purchase a bullet resistant vest or another restricted item without proper documents/credentials, it will raise some eyebrows.
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:42 pm

Hmmn... perhaps your comment is a bit past the sensible temporal period in which relevancy is still retained.

unlisted wrote:
Kovy wrote:

Starrett
GAGE-THICKNESS .020X12IN

S2.42 each

Yea, Acklands sells to the public at basically any of their stores. If you went to their Headquarters location they can be a bit dodgy at times- but they do cash sales to anyone who walks in. I've made multiple cash purchases from them over the past 15-20 years simply walking in there and saying "I want to purchase this". They ask if I have an account, and I reply with nope, cash sale. First purchase I was about 16 years young.

Mind you, try to purchase a bullet resistant vest or another restricted item without proper documents/credentials, it will raise some eyebrows.
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

AULockpicker

Familiar Face

Post Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:22 am

I ordered some off ebay a week or so ago and expect them to arrive within the next week <fingers crossed>. Coming from Indiana USA. I did check their feedback and amount of sales they have done and all seemed OK and above board to me. I do notice they have not re-listed my particular feeler gauge size again...Hmmmm? Guess I'll find out how honest they are soon enough?

Can't avoid those ridiculous postage costs though, postage was dearer than the feeler stock. 0.028 $25.00USD for a pack of 14 I think, postage was $28.00USD, if I want feeler stock I just gotta grin and bear the postage unfortunately.
LDU2U on YT and do unto others before they do unto you
<<

AULockpicker

Familiar Face

Post Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:45 pm

Thought I'd better update for conclusion to my previous post...Received my feeler stock no problem.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:15 pm

So what you're saying is that.... it's playtime? :D
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

AULockpicker

Familiar Face

Post Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:53 am

LOL

Well I normally make my picks from knives as most would know, and although they may not be pretty to look at they have served me extremely well the whole time since taking up lockpicking as a hobby, but now I think the time has come the walrus said for me to settle down and get serious about making some better looking picks. Nothing flash, just more appropriate for putting in some form of rollup or case instead of girlie cosmetic bags.

With knives it doesn't matter if I make a mistake as all I need do is grab another knife due to knives being dirt cheap and plentiful. I don't want to make mistakes with these feeler gauges though so it's going to require due diligence and care and I'm not long on patience and care with stuff I make, anything I make never progresses on from the 'prototype' stage <g>.
<<

s1deshowmick

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:43 am

AUlockpicker,

You can try an Australian company called "Blackwoods" they have what you are looking for. They call it shim stock instead of feeler gauge stock...... :hbg:
If you can't be good, Be good at it.

http://au.youtube.com/S1DESHOWMICK
PreviousNext

Return to Supplies