FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Need your help!

<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:46 pm

Re: Need your help!

Im going to start to include pictures from now on for all of my future questions, lol.

Pictures of the locks in question will be provided shortly.
<<

jones

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:06 pm

I wanna answer your question #3, I like to take off the little cover medeco provides and turn it over, I mean rotate it 180 degrees, then screw it back on. I think that will eliminate the small hole that goes through the end of the mortise cylinder.
Unfortunately if you are using a 5-pin cylinder the keys will need a small amount ground from the tip to continue going all the way into the keyhole. If you don't like grinding the key tips off, you can also buy more of the end covers from medeco. Unscrew the screws and simply add one additional cover, after turning it 180 degrees and your problems will be solved without key grinding.

On your question #4 if you look at a tubular lock pick you'll see that the outer piece is never used. The outer little tang is used to keep the ace type lock user from pulling the key out before it has reached it's stop. The inner tang is what actually turns the cam on a tubular lock, and the only part you need on your pick. If you look at an ace lock you'll see some have only one key pull, (that is the outer cut that allows the key to be removed) some have two or even three key pulls. With your pick not having this outer piece you will be able to pull it out of the keyway, while leaving the cylinder only turned partially--this will make the lock unusable for anyone with a regular key, as the key won't be able to go into the keyhole, as that little tang on the outer portion of the user key won't allow the key entry into the lock.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:09 am

Jones, that is a good idea. I never thought about reversing the cover on the back.
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:19 am

Jones, that genius, I cant believe I didn't realize that myself, Thank you good sir and for the tubular pick info as well, much appreciated.

Master Pictures:
As you can see the plug can only rotate one direction and I tried tension from TOK and from BOK. This is technically my first wafer encounter and as I understand they pick the same as pins so I will gladly take a hit upside my head and if I am missing something simple about this lock.

American Pictures:
As you can see that American (Made September 1992) has some sort of cover, rivet blocking the screw so shackle can not be removed. Im not sure if its something they stopped doing since the lock is OLD but I wanted to get some info from you guys before I go and f*uck up this brand new locl (yes brand new from 1992 still in box).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:29 am

Now it makes more sense, you're not talking about a standard wafer padlock, that is a Kwikset Smartkey variant.
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:34 am

It did feel like Bill's sauce was involved here too but that master key gave me doubts. Plus that body design is recent yet wafers havent been made in a while, at least that is what my history knowledge is telling me.
Any suggestions?
<<

jones

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:21 pm

That Master padlock is supposedly a sidebar high security resettable smart key kinda lock, like Jeff said, if I had to service it I would centerpunch the retaining nut holding that access door in place and give it a taste of the drill. Once you have the lock cylinder in your hand, you may discover other options. I keep new retaining nuts in my Master Padlock rekey kit, I don't know where You keep yours at...
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:30 pm

Not quite the same mechanism as the Kwikset SmartKey, though it is similar. Yes, it does take the Kwikset KW1 key blank. Here is a thread on the breakdown of that Master M532.

The screw that keeps the lock together is actually an Allen screw hidden under the shackle toe. When the lock is open, you can remove the screw. It is hidden in the hole in the lock body that the shackle toe fits into. Then the sex nut (what looks like a rivet at the bottom of the lock) falls out and you can disassemble the lock per the above mentioned thread.

Or, as Jones said, center punch the sex nut and drill it out. Then the lock disassembles. Get a new sex nut and bolt and you are set.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

jones

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:35 pm

Ooh Gordon, Sex Nut does sound nicer...
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:16 am

Hahah nice sex nut and thank for that thread, completely not what I thought this lock was.
Previous

Return to Uber-Noob