FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Beginner Locks to buy?

<<

scudo

Post Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:33 pm

Re: Beginner Locks to buy?

When I have time because as you will know living in Scotland this sudden burst of fantastic weather like its 10 C and not raining :-) means I have been forced outdoors to build a fence, anyhow what I am going to do is put the sal/40 aside for a bit and get the cutaway I have (euro style) and put only a couple of spool pins in so I can get a better feel for them and then go back to the sal/40 later, I think thats what is defeating me for the moment.

Interesting what you say about popping the sal 3 times and then no more I have a cheap 4 pin padlock which I managed in the first week I took up this hobby, then for weeks after couldnt manage it, someone on here suggested `go put it away for a week` and then come back to it, I did, and have been able to pick it ever since. Its now my comfort lock, when I get frustrated and cant manage something like the sal/40 I pick old faithful to keep the confidence going.
<<

info5ec

Post Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:57 pm

HA! The exact same thing has happened to me via a Master No. 3.... It's going to be SO HARD to not continue trying it on a daily basis...
<<

deph

Familiar Face

Post Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:35 pm

info5ec wrote:Just Purchased an Abus 55/40 off amazon for about $8. Paid for 1-day shipping +$3 (I WANT IT TOMORROW!)

LOL I know the feeling!

I have a abus 55/45 its fun to pick. yea like jimy said I think you would like those larger brinks locks. he said 40mm, I have a 60mm I think, its pretty big. it has several security pins. It actually gives me trouble some times. ill be able to pick it 10 times in a row, then I cant open it for shit. I had a small brass brinks when i started picking and it was my hardest lock at the time. 5 pins with 4 spools. I loved that thing. I picked that shit all the time. i ended up losing it and I went to walmart and bought what I thought was the same lock it looked just like it. But it didn't have a single security pin in it as far as is could tell. I felt so cheated.
Previous

Return to Uber-Noob