FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Help with SPP a brass padlock

<<

scudo

Post Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:09 pm

Help with SPP a brass padlock

As you probably know I started in Jan this year but need some help. I have managed to open all targetted locks so far, some by SPP and others by raking. My wife picked up another 3 yesterday for £1 and got all 3 done within the hour, one a single wafer, one a double wafer and a cheap & nasty dial padlock. Anyhow I have a couple of issues you maybe able to help with...

1. The double wafer lock I managed to SPP or should that be SWP, I have limited picks at the moment and only 1 TB, In order to do the top and bottom wafers I inserted the TB in the bottom picked the top then had to kinda hold the barrel with my thumb to retain the tension and reposition the TB at the top to tackle the bottom wafers, although it worked would I be better with forked TB or some other kind?

2. I have this Halfords (uk) brass padlock (dont have a key) I have raked it a few times to open and astounded myself by SPP it way back in jan but never to be repeated despite managing to SPP euro locks at will so I have now a better feel for pins etc compared to 6 weeks ago. Knowing halfords products I doubt if there are high security issues involved. I have tried low/med/high tension, I have tried being light on the pick to avoid oversetting, and when I release the tension I can hear the pins click back down, and I am sure all 5 are clicking back down. I can feel the lack of tension when pins are set (I think) but I am damned if I can SPP this padlock. Any other pointers that may help me?
<<

Neilau

Post Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:38 pm

Re: Help with SPP a brass padlock

I've got locks like that.

Some times I've lucked them and never been able to repeat it and others have - as one member here suggested when I posted a similar request - simply gone to sleep.

Put it away for a little while then try again.

You have gotten it once, so you know it can be done.

One little hint, start off with light tension then gradually increase it as each pin sets.

Or it could be one of those locks that are just sent to try us. :D

Cheers.
Clark's Law (Arthur C)

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
<<

scudo

Post Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:23 pm

So I took your advice and put the lock away for a week and guess what I managed to SPP it 3 times today....Happy bunny today.
Cant understand how this padlock defeated me for so long.
<<

Neilau

Post Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:56 pm

GREAT STUFF !!! :hbg:

A similar thing happens when you go to show someone how you can open a particular lock – With me it’s the wife.

I have been “working on this particular lock for a few weeks, coming so close – just one pin.

Well last night I got it – I was concentrating on the wrong pin.

SPPed it three times in a couple of seconds.

“Hey look Dear, finally got it”

“That’ nice”

“I’ll show you”

Half hour later “…grumble… mumble…………Show you tomorrow”

Ha Ha never fails.

Sometimes the “Force” just deserts you and you have to recharge. :mrgreen:

Cheers.
Clark's Law (Arthur C)

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.

Return to Uber-Noob