FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Master proseries

<<

ckc123

Familiar Face

Post Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:38 pm

Re: Master proseries

Medecopen wrote:. I don't have any Allens here at home but now I wana take it apart.

hmmm when you take it apart let us know what you see. according to the master technical manual, the 6325 has a long bolt which goes from the hex head (what you can see) to the brass looking nut (that you can see from the keyway side) and holds the face plate in.. an SFIC core (that I know of, and I could be wrong) does not work with that bolt there..
I have a 6621 which is similiar, but it does not have the face plate.
<<

Neilau

Post Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:41 pm

Hi Medecopen.

This is not to discourage you but these locks are very hard to pick (for me at least). Five spool pins I think.

I got a Master 931 many years ago and as soon as I got it home I dropped a half diamond in, jiggled it around a bit and it opened -- Yeah, another Master, closed it and have never been able to open it again.

Just “Lucked it”.

I have spent so much time on it that the pins have worn down so that I have to pull the key back to get it to work.

Your post inspired me to try it again -- no success, SPP, rake, Bogota pick gun everything I can think of -- can’t get it. Can’t even “luck” it. :hammering:

Don’t let me put you off. My point being, that these locks are not exactly “beginners” locks and can lead to a lot of frustration.

Work up to it. Success with “easier” locks will increase your confidence and "feel".

What I’m trying to say, without getting jumped on, is - don’t get too discouraged if you can’t open it – YET. My experience with these locks, limited I admit, is that they are DIFFICULT.

Now --- make me look a Dick and open it. :hbg:

Cheers.
Clark's Law (Arthur C)

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
<<

Medecopen

Familiar Face

Post Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:32 pm

Neil, that didn't discourage me one bit! Thank you for saying that it's a pita to open because nobody saying anything and me not being able to open it is the only thing discouraging!!! Obviously you are being sincere and I truly appreciate the encouragement..
<<

Medecopen

Familiar Face

Post Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:46 pm

Opened it!! Worked on it off and on all night and nothing.... Woke up late from a long sleep and saw it laying on the table and within about 1 min I had it open... Amazing what can be done with a fresh rested mind...
Now that I opened it it seems like this locks not all that tuff after all lol..
NEXT!!!!
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:40 pm

Great, Medecopen! :-D It is so good when a lock you fought with finally opens.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

ckc123

Familiar Face

Post Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:57 pm

Congrats!!!!!
<<

Neilau

Post Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:16 pm

Congratulations. !!!!!

A great feeling, yes?

I am a DICK :hammerodeath:

Now do it again. :whip:
Clark's Law (Arthur C)

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
<<

Medecopen

Familiar Face

Post Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:16 am

Brought my Allen wrenches home so I could take a peek...
Nothing exciting with the bottom pins... Tops have 4 spools and I'm guessing the last one is serrated? Or maybe its just considered a reg pin because I really don't see those tiny groves making any difference .. Also a pictur of the Key so you can see the bitting... The first pins were hard not to hit while reaching way in the back.. Specially with that tiny ass key hole and me being a noob...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

ckc123

Familiar Face

Post Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:58 pm

4 spools and a serrated pin.. not bad..

you have a good lock to keep practicing on now.. for a regular pin tumbler it doesn't get much harder then that.. no try picking a lock with a few other features (sidebars, etc)
<<

Medecopen

Familiar Face

Post Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:34 pm

ckc123 wrote:4 spools and a serrated pin.. not bad..

you have a good lock to keep practicing on now.. for a regular pin tumbler it doesn't get much harder then that.. no try picking a lock with a few other features (sidebars, etc)

Yes I'd like to work on some more... The pick I shaved down tho is a lil weak and I bent it back I think... I looked on southords website for a single Peterson short hook but I can't find them there being sold as singles only sets... Maybe I'll give them a call Monday...I think that would help hone in on this skill... Then I wana try that brinks r70... After that I might just be ready for a side bar :o

Thank you everyone for the suggestions and support...

1. Shave down a tension wrench
2. Trim down a short hook

Just to recap...
<<

rerun12

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:56 pm

well done med! if it was easy it wouldn't be any fun :smile:
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:35 am

:spinning: WELL DONE!

So that was the 'weak' serrated pin I had mentioned. Just curious, was it in the first chamber then?
Once in a while you'll get a lock where you'll keep losing that serrated pin each time you set a spool.

Not like that with every lock. But if you have problems, keep an eye on that pin. Revisit it from time
to time and make sure it's still set. I know I have a couple of 140's that are like that. After I set each
spool, I reset the serrated pin, set another spool, back to the serrated, etc... until it pops.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

Medecopen

Familiar Face

Post Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:02 am

Oldfast wrote::spinning: WELL DONE!

So that was the 'weak' serrated pin I had mentioned. Just curious, was it in the first chamber then?
Once in a while you'll get a lock where you'll keep losing that serrated pin each time you set a spool.

Not like that with every lock. But if you have problems, keep an eye on that pin. Revisit it from time
to time and make sure it's still set. I know I have a couple of 140's that are like that. After I set each
spool, I reset the serrated pin, set another spool, back to the serrated, etc... until it pops.

I remember it was on one end and think it was on pin 5 but not positive... Guess I need to get a mat and put them all in order like I see you guys do in the YouTube videos...
And yes i did seem to drop a pin when working the spool the tension wrench would work back almost seemed exaggerated..
Was nice knowing I was on the right pin tho.
<<

Oldfast

Post Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:23 am

Well, I really enjoyed watchin' ya tackle this one & how ya kept at it until ya popped it!
That's what it's all about. Lookin' forward to following along with your next one :D

And yeah, I'd get a mat or cardboard or something to keep order. With some locks
it's crucial that you preserve the sequence. Not to mention, you can then couple
what you were feeling (or having problems with) with the pins and unravel the
true story of what was happening. Learning for the next one you encounter.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
Previous

Return to Uber-Noob