FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Boga technique question

Poll ended at Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:48 pm

What kind of Bogota pick techniques do you use?

Raking
100%
SPP
No votes
Jiggle
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes : 4
<<

klown

Familiar Face

Post Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:48 pm

Boga technique question

Hey guys, I did a little trading with awol70 and he is sending me some of his Boga picks. I am trying to get a some feedback on the technique you use. I have read the thread over at lp101 that says to jiggle while working the pick in and out. I've seen some youtube vids were the pick is being used a rake. What techniques do you prefer? Is there any no-no's when it comes to using the picks? I have made them in the past (no were near the quality that awol70 produces) and broken them off.
I've also heard that when it comes to high security locks, the Bogota is the way to go. I would like to know what kind of locks you were able to pick. Also please list security pin types (if known) and how many security pins were used.
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:04 pm

Re: Boga technique question

i have made a few too. but they were all crap,
but i mostly jiggled around with them...
<<

Site Admin

Post Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:06 pm

yeah, i tend to go for a raking/jiggling technique with boagta's, and i totally agree with you about awol70's work on these, they are fantastic
<<

klown

Familiar Face

Post Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:19 pm

Thanks for the advice guys.
<<

ChipShuhart

Familiar Face

Post Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:54 am

I rake with varying upward pressure on the pins, and bounce the tension wrench with varying amounts of tension until it pops open. This is the first way I attack a lock because it usually opens them in less than 30 seconds. If it doesn't work after 30 seconds or so then I proceed to SPP.
<<

klown

Familiar Face

Post Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:11 pm

ChipShuhart wrote:I rake with varying upward pressure on the pins, and bounce the tension wrench with varying amounts of tension until it pops open. This is the first way I attack a lock because it usually opens them in less than 30 seconds. If it doesn't work after 30 seconds or so then I proceed to SPP.

I use almost the same method, but try to rake a little longer. Thanks for the input.
<<

ChipShuhart

Familiar Face

Post Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:32 am

klown wrote:I use almost the same method, but try to rake a little longer. Thanks for the input.

Yea sometimes if SPP'ing gives me trouble I go back to raking again. But raking for several minutes or more always makes me nervous, especially when you start to see brass dust on your picks.

Return to Uber-Noob