FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

unknown (to me) Schlage Everest 29 key.

<<

Q3b

Post Thu May 05, 2016 5:18 pm

unknown (to me) Schlage Everest 29 key.

Greetings, I was wondering if you guys could help me out with this key. I had to borrow it to get into a locked room and it was unheard of for me so that's why I am here to ask you guys about it.
Well not too sure what to say now but here is some info on the lock, key and building that i know of. The building was constructed in 2015 and locks were installed in 2015 too, locks are all SFIC.
Anyways I would like to know what all the numbers mean and if anyone can find me some info from schlage.

Thank you for reading, sorry for my poorly constructed question as I didn't know what to say.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Q3b

Post Thu May 05, 2016 5:24 pm

Re: unknown (to me) Schlage Everest 29 key.

Also here is a lock in the building on a privacy lock.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu May 05, 2016 6:14 pm

The numbers are pretty easy, one will associate the key with a particular group of locks (the original "job"), one would be a blind code (the combination) and the last would be a serial number (individual ID). Other than that you are experiencing Schlage commercial products.
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin
<<

Q3b

Post Thu May 05, 2016 7:01 pm

mastersmith wrote:The numbers are pretty easy, one will associate the key with a particular group of locks (the original "job"), one would be a blind code (the combination) and the last would be a serial number (individual ID). Other than that you are experiencing Schlage commercial products.

Thank you for your response. Also is the system here individual for this facility only ex: sidebar,keyway etc?
also why is there not a schlage logo?
<<

Squelchtone

Post Thu May 05, 2016 7:06 pm

That would be a Schlage Everest 29 key and lock. http://us.allegion.com/irstdocs/brochure/106656.pdf

R134 keyway unless my eyes fail me, and the triangle logo is Mount Everest for the Everest line of locks which use a check pin and not a sidebar.

the lack of "Schlage" logo may be a security feature where you can order what's called a a Neuter Bow, so that someone at the hardware store won't know what brand the lock is and make it harder to copy.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Fri May 06, 2016 11:22 am

Everest 29 SFIC - all keyways are restricted.
Squelch - it's not really a neuter bow, in this case it just provides more room for stamping.
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife

Return to Uber-Noob