FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

The MrAnybody Collection

<<

macgng

Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:43 pm

Re: The MrAnybody Collection

awesome, saw some stuff i hadn't seen before too :D
Nibbler: The poop-eradication is but one aspect of your importance.
<<

fgarci03

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:18 pm

Thanks for sorting this out for us! :drool:

Your collection is indeed one of the most beautifull ones around. Congratulations, my friend!
Keep showing off your artwork, please. Yes, because that collection is art, not only locks!
Go ahead, keep plugging away, picking on me! You will end up on bypass or with rigor mortise.
- GWiens2001
<<

MrAnybody

The Muffin Man
The Muffin Man

Post Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:43 am

Guys,

I really need some help on this.

His Reverence The Mailman brought me an unexpected 10 lever Ingersoll this morning, but I'm embarrassed to say I can't recall for the life of me who's sent it. There's no note and I'm not expecting this off eBay for sure.

I really wanna thank the sender for it. It's a sweet lock, and a really bitch to pick with the dampening in it.

It's got a sender's UK address on the package, but I don't recognise it at all. Nor do I recognise the Sender's name. I get a fare amount of PMs on this and that, so I've done my best to search through those looking for people I've sent my address to, but I'm getting no joy with that as far as an Ingersoll goes.

I feel such a bloody fool for losing track of lock packages coming to me, and I've never left a lock deal or someone's generosity go unrecognised. I just wanna give a shout out to whoever sent it to me because I really don't think it's part of any of the deals/trades etc I've got cookin at that moment.

And before you suggest it, it's not the Easter Bunny, the Lock Fairies or Santa Claus, for sure. Santa always does red and green packages, the Easter Bunny has only ever given me crap chocolate (bastard!), and Pickie Dust always falls out of the others.

I know half the problem is I mislaid half of my short-term memory during the 90s, but could some one just put me out of my embarrassment on this one?

MrAnybody's Locks

DISCLAIMER: Reader may posit an understanding of what was written, while this may not coincide with the intended meaning of what is read. Use of brain is required. No purchase necessary. One size fits all, and may contain traces of gibberish.
<<

MrAnybody

The Muffin Man
The Muffin Man

Post Thu May 01, 2014 6:14 am

I just got 2 really cool designs for the collection from Marduk28 who's going viral with the Forever D lock.

That D lock has now been featured on Gizmodo, and his vid is getting close to a million views in its first week as a result.

I'd made this deal with him a couple of days before the D lock went public.

Huge thanks to Markduk28 for these 2 really cool locks.

Enjoy, enjoy :hbg:

MrAnybody's Locks

DISCLAIMER: Reader may posit an understanding of what was written, while this may not coincide with the intended meaning of what is read. Use of brain is required. No purchase necessary. One size fits all, and may contain traces of gibberish.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Thu May 01, 2014 6:40 am

Just received my dual-key lock from Marduk, too! It is very high on the 'Cool Scale'. :)

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Marduk28

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu May 01, 2014 6:54 am

Awesome!

Very glad you guys enjoy your locks!

Whenever I talk about how cool some of these locks are to my Taiwanese friends they look at me like I am crazy, haha. It's nice to know that you guys can appreciate them as much as I do!

I will be on the hunt for more!
<<

MrAnybody

The Muffin Man
The Muffin Man

Post Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:55 am

It’s been awhile since I did any updates to my collection albums, but now I’ve had a chance to do I’ve done some of them.

Here’s some of the highlights:

A French Pollux push lock. This one is the 5 pin variety.

A Tigris Premier. A really cool design I’ve been after for some time now. With a corresponding indent on the bitting of the key that depresses a small nipple on the tip of the 6th key pin. If it's not depressed to the correct degree, it's no go. Really unique design. A UK lock possibly made by Gege.

A DOM iX-6KG. With its mobile ball element in the key. I have the iX-5 and iX-10 of the same, and I’m really happy to complete the set for comparison.

A 10 lever Ingersoll rim cylinder. A really challenge to pick with it’s dampening to subdue feedback

A 6 pin Winkhaus cutaway done by the legendary Snowyboy with a mad bitting.

A very cool Abloy Disklock Pro. Now I have that to compare with the Abloy Exec system, and the Protec.

A few Ruko 6 pin cylinders with some great bittings

A very cool ANKEH Cruciform Push Lock Padlock from you know who. I’ve not tried picking this one yet, but it will be fun for sure.

A Chinese double cylinder dimple push lock from you know who too

A sweet little Fichet push lock padlock. No idea how old this one is.

There’s a lot more than that, but there’s just some of them to get yer taste buds going. You can find the rest of my collection here

Enjoy, enjoy :hbg:

MrAnybody's Locks

<<

rerun12

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:01 pm

whenever im beginning to tire of this hobby i just open up a mac or MrA lock collection thread and the fire is rekindled :) thanks for sharing as always
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand.
<<

MrAnybody

The Muffin Man
The Muffin Man

Post Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:13 pm

rerun12 wrote:whenever im beginning to tire of this hobby i just open up a mac or MrA lock collection thread and the fire is rekindled :) thanks for sharing as always

That's cool to know. Many thanks.

Keep the fire burnin', dude :smile:

MrAnybody's Locks

<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:06 pm

That Ankeh is the same as the Siter? It looks like a mod of the Siter tool would work on the Pollux too!

Nice man, as always.
<<

macgng

Post Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:48 pm

oooh i like the Pollux!
Nibbler: The poop-eradication is but one aspect of your importance.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:18 pm

MrAnybody wrote:A very cool ANKEH Cruciform Push Lock Padlock from you know who.

A Chinese double cylinder dimple push lock from you know who too.

Did not know that Voldemort was trading locks! :shock: Well, this is The Dark Side. :twisted:

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

MrAnybody

The Muffin Man
The Muffin Man

Post Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:30 am

I had a very cool padlock with a surprise arrived in the mail today. If anyone can give me any date, history or any details on this, that would be a real bonus.

Here's my original post links to the whole collection.

Enjoy, enjoy ..... :hbg:

MrAnybody's Locks

<<

escher7

Post Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:54 am

Very high quality photos! Impressive. You have probably posted your technique before, but how about a picture of your photo setup?
<<

MrAnybody

The Muffin Man
The Muffin Man

Post Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:40 am

escher7 wrote:Very high quality photos! Impressive. You have probably posted your technique before, but how about a picture of your photo setup?

Thanks, escher.

I use a white IKEA storage box turned on it's side as a light box. Natural light (no flash), and a Nikon P7700 on Close Up focusing mode on a tripod. That's pretty much it.

MrAnybody's Locks

PreviousNext

Return to Your Lock Collections