FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

GWiens2001's Locks

<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat May 25, 2013 10:02 am

GWiens2001's Locks

Guess it is about time I start a thread of my locks. Here are some I received from Finland a few days ago.

First, the family picture:

A warded Elzett padlock, an ASSA oval that Zeepia made into a practice lock by drilling and tapping the caps :mrgreen: and another generic ASSA clone which Zeepia also made into a practice lock this one with a key. :-D

An ASSA D12 with keys :mrgreen: (no luck picking that one yet, but I am trying!), a Boda (very nicely made. Picked it, but it took me some much needed practice to do so), and another one with lots of warding, but not nearly as bad to pick as I thought it would be.  It has a spool in the 3rd bitting that kept dropping the other pins, though.

And three more padlocks.  An Optimus lever padlock, a Lås Bolaget with an owl on it (I love owls), both of those are Swedish, and a Hungarian Elzett padlock that functions surprisingly smoothly.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

PhoneMan

I've gone and said something stupid, haven't I?
I've gone and said something stupid, haven't I?

Post Sat May 25, 2013 11:01 am

Re: GWiens2001's Locks

Way to go Gordon! that's quite the collection of European locks. Which one is your fave?
<<

mrbinky

Familiar Face

Post Sat May 25, 2013 11:05 am

I like that assa lock you got there. The whole collection is very nice. keep it up m8 and happy picking
we are anonymous
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat May 25, 2013 11:26 am

Thank you. I have quite a few more locks, and will over time add them here. Have posted lots of my locks under other sections. Of this group, I like the ASSA D12 that I have not picked and especially the ASSA practice lock, so I can get to the point of opening them with some sort of consistency. The pins and countermilling get pretty nasty on these. Once I get the practice lock down fully pinned, I will give the D12 some serious work.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

mrbinky

Familiar Face

Post Sat May 25, 2013 5:12 pm

sounds like a smart plan. I haven't played with one yet, I really want to.
we are anonymous
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Sat May 25, 2013 5:13 pm

That boda... I want it!
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat May 25, 2013 6:46 pm

xeo wrote:That boda... I want it!

:razz:
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Sun May 26, 2013 6:23 pm

Beautiful stuff Gordon! Lookin' forward to more!
I particularly like the lighting in your last photo.
*I don't believe for a SECOND this is everything you got. hehee*
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sun May 26, 2013 6:30 pm

Oldfast wrote:I particularly like the lighting in your last photo.

I was trying to get the owl on the Lås Bolaget padlock to show up. :hbg:

Gordon
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sun May 26, 2013 6:33 pm

By the way, I have since learned that the lock with more warding than teeth than a shark's mouth is a GEGE. No wonder it was a pain... Third pin kept dropping the other pins, first pin kept dropping the third pin. :evil:

Gordon
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:06 pm

Sezam Lock

Just got a new toy in the mail today. An eBay purchase - a Sezam lock from Poland, unused in box!

The lock requires a key in the middle, and the outer four 'keyholes' are for entering the combination. 10 numbers, 4 fields = 10,000 possible combinations. The tip of the key can be used to enter the combination, then the key is used to turn the lock. If the wrong combination is entered, it feels exactly as if you have the wrong key.

Key turns like this when the correct combination is entered.

Here are the keys. The top one is for changing the combination. The notch on it is not necessary, in case you were wondering. The bottom three are all the same, and are used in the center keyway to operate the lock.

To change the combination (from the factory is 0-0-0-0), enter the current combination, press in on any of the four combination buttons. While pressing on the button, turn the key. When the key is at the proper position, the button will drop down into the lock.

Put the tool (the larger key-like thingy) into any of the code fields

Press it in until it stops moving inwards

With it pressed in, turn it to the number you want at that position.

Remove the tool. The button should pop out. If not, turn it slightly until it does.

Repeat for all four code fields you wish to change. Even changing one number makes the key no longer turn with the old combination.

Here is the bolt mechanism. Unlocked

Locked from the inside (the handle at the top is lifted, then slid over).

And fully locked.

Technically, the above picture (fully locked) is not possible with this lock unless somebody inside AND somebody outside both lock the lock from their side. The top bolt can only be thrown from the inside, and the three lower bolts can only be thrown by the key from outside! Guess they thought you did not need full security if you were inside your home???

Hope you like it!

Gordon
<<

Oldfast

Post Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:26 pm

GWiens2001 wrote:Hope you like it!

Indeed I do!! Very interesting. Thanks for the pics and rundown.
Probably a little soon for me to ask if you've found its' weak point? lol
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

oldbiscuit

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:39 pm

Damm Gordan, that's one sweet lock (even though it's not a padlock). I do like the way they operate.
"It never fails - as soon as I find the key to success, somebody changes the lock!"
<<

MrAnybody

The Muffin Man
The Muffin Man

Post Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:03 am

:D In luuvvvve with your Sezam! I don't think you could get much more of a sweeter lock than that! Damn!

Please, please gut her! Show me extensive pictures, so if death does arrive in the next few days I can die with a satisfied smile on my face :D Do it, Gordon. Please! I just gotta know how that puppy works.

MrAnybody's Locks

DISCLAIMER: Reader may posit an understanding of what was written, while this may not coincide with the intended meaning of what is read. Use of brain is required. No purchase necessary. One size fits all, and may contain traces of gibberish.
<<

keymaster1053

Post Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:25 pm

hey Gordon,
does that mean if a family member locks that door from the outside, not knowing you were inside, you are locked in???
that's a major flaw if you asked me!!!
Jim.
(20:10:59) Blacky: oki
(20:18:08) MBI: Me working for the CIA is about as likely as you working in the Middle East.
(20:19:01) Riyame: lol
(20:19:05) Riyame: he is in dubai
(20:19:26) MBI rescinds his previous comment
Next

Return to Your Lock Collections