FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

GreenGrowLocks Collection

<<

greengrowlocks

Familiar Face

Post Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:11 am

GreenGrowLocks Collection

Mul-T-Lock MT5+

Mul-T-Lock Interactive NE14H Padlock

Mauer NW4

Mauer DT1 SKG

Eagle Supr

WinkHaus

Evva DPI

Evva 3KS+

Evva ICS

Assa 600

Assa Desmo Mini Padlock

Schlage Primus

Schlage Everest Primus LFIC

Vidmar

KESO 2000s Omega

Marks Hi-Security

Best SFIC

Yale Platnium 3 Star

Folger Adams Model 110
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:09 am

Re: GreenGrowLocks Collection

That is quite an impressive collection. Most of that is well beyond my picking skills. Two things I want to have in my collection is a Folger Adams like you have and one of the newer Lockwood padlocks. I'm just not willing to pay those prices.
<<

Deadlock

Post Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:57 am

Very impressive! I especially like the optical fibre used to get light inside the keyways. I don't think I've seen that before, and it looks great.
<<

greengrowlocks

Familiar Face

Post Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:36 pm

mdc5150 wrote:That is quite an impressive collection. Most of that is well beyond my picking skills. Two things I want to have in my collection is a Folger Adams like you have and one of the newer Lockwood padlocks. I'm just not willing to pay those prices.

Thanks! I enjoy collecting some of the detention center locks. I still would like to find a Folger Adams Master Ring, and Brinks mogul. A few months ago there was a guy selling the 110s in sets of 5 on ebay for reasonable prices so that's where I got most of them.

<<

greengrowlocks

Familiar Face

Post Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:43 pm

Deadlock wrote:Very impressive! I especially like the optical fibre used to get light inside the keyways. I don't think I've seen that before, and it looks great.

Thanks! The light has been a huge help in slider-type locks. It's just a 1mm fiber cable attached to a light source w/ a piece of Styrofoam. However lately I've been using the same fiber attached to my phones flashlight with Ez-Craft Silicon which is a little brighter and more sturdy.

<<

greengrowlocks

Familiar Face

Post Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:01 pm

Kwikset Smart Key Padlock

Mul-T-Lock Junior

Master #19

Magnum Superior (After picking it seems functionally identical to the Yale Platnium)

Corbin Master Ring

Reg'D Mail Locks

Many of these I'm still working on..

Medeco Duracam

LOB and a long pick (KW1 for size comparison)

Dom iX

IKON WSW W10 (Put some time into this one but having trouble with dropping sliders)

Vanlock

CISA AP3

Corbin Emhart (Had some issues with them locking up but would like to open one of these someday.)

Miracle Magnetic (Been working on this one the last couple days, built a magnetic jiggler but can't seem to get it open)

MIWA EC ( Using the small magnets I will eventually try and make a simulated key for this)

MIWA Cam Lock

Fichet

Multacc Realtor Box

Sargent and Greenleaf 826a

Here are a few cutaways...

Abloy Protec

Emhart Cutaway

Medeco M3 Cutaway

Best SFIC
<<

greengrowlocks

Familiar Face

Post Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:07 pm

Best SFIC
<<

Deadlock

Post Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:18 am

Wow. I'm not a lock collector, but I know a lot of the locks here wouldn't be easy to find even if you were prepared to spend the money.

Do you know anything about the Miracle Magnetic? That's certainly a new one to me. I wonder how old it is and how it compares with the EVVA MCS. "Which came first," sort of thing.
<<

greengrowlocks

Familiar Face

Post Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:13 pm

Deadlock wrote:Wow. I'm not a lock collector, but I know a lot of the locks here wouldn't be easy to find even if you were prepared to spend the money.

Do you know anything about the Miracle Magnetic? That's certainly a new one to me. I wonder how old it is and how it compares with the EVVA MCS. "Which came first," sort of thing.

I know a little about it, mostly the stuff I read from the LockWiki page. It was made in the 70's according to their info but not sure when they stopped production. I haven't spent much time with the MCS but I know it's much more advanced. The Miracle lock has 5 pin tumblers and 4 rods that block rotation of the plug until they get pulled by the magnets in the key. They appear to have mushroom type drivers as security pins according to LockWiki. I have yet to disassemble mine but will likely do that after I pick it.
<<

greengrowlocks

Familiar Face

Post Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:32 pm

I got a few new things today..

Solex Double Key

Comparison: BiLock, Solex, Dom D

Evva 4KS (Will take detailed photos after I pick it.)
<<

greengrowlocks

Familiar Face

Post Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:00 pm

KABA Penta (I made a pick for this lock but would interested to see what others have used to pick it. The keypins are much smaller than other KESO/Kaba style locks I've picked.)
<<

Deadlock

Post Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:23 am

greengrowlocks wrote:
I know a little about it, mostly the stuff I read from the LockWiki page. It was made in the 70's according to their info but not sure when they stopped production. I haven't spent much time with the MCS but I know it's much more advanced. The Miracle lock has 5 pin tumblers and 4 rods that block rotation of the plug until they get pulled by the magnets in the key. They appear to have mushroom type drivers as security pins according to LockWiki. I have yet to disassemble mine but will likely do that after I pick it.

I hadn't thought to look at LockWiki, but now I have I see what you mean. The Miracle Magnetic was apparently produced five years before the original MCS. It might possibly have been the inspiration for it, but yes, the MCS is like something out of Star Trek compared to the Magnetic.

Also, MORE locks?! This collection continues to impress!
<<

greengrowlocks

Familiar Face

Post Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:08 am

EVVA 4KS ( Not much of a difference between this and the 3KS. Notice the position of slider one on the front and back of key. I believe that is the 4th curve? The 3KS has identical cuts on either side.)

EVVA 3KS key

EVVA EPS
<<

Patrick Star

Post Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:26 am

My problem with the bigger KABAs isn't that the pins are small per se, but rather that they are angled inwards. There simply doesn't seem to be a way to lift them consistently with a standard tool.
I suspect that what's needed is a tool with a corresponding angled tip? So that you'd lift them by pulling towards you.
<<

greengrowlocks

Familiar Face

Post Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:12 pm

Peerless 710c HS Handcuffs

Medeco Duracam w/homemade pick

Patrick Star wrote:My problem with the bigger KABAs isn't that the pins are small per se, but rather that they are angled inwards. There simply doesn't seem to be a way to lift them consistently with a standard tool.
I suspect that what's needed is a tool with a corresponding angled tip? So that you'd lift them by pulling towards you.

The one video I found of a Penta being picked was with a angled tip pick. That particular lock is the first one I've encountered with those type of pins. I imagine the Kaba Star has similar pins as well.
Next

Return to Your Lock Collections