FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Robotnik's Lock Collection

<<

Robotnik

Familiar Face

Post Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:30 pm

Re: Robotnik's Lock Collection

Timberline File Cabinet Lock
Master Keyed Wafer Lock

While traditional pin tumbler locks can be mastered fairly easily with additional pins, wafer tumbler locks can't utilize additional shearlines, and a more creative solution is required

Like the Sargent square pin above, this Timberline (now owned by CompX) uses a master & change key with different profiles, and stepped tumblers. Master key hits left side of wafer, change key hits right. Haworth, Steelcase, and other simple wafer locks use the same principle.

Since I picked this lock and housing up for $0.50, wasn't too keen on spending $10 for a master key. Modified the warding of a Y11, and cut the master off a picture :).

<<

macgng

Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...

Post Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:05 am

hmm i didn't notice this when i replied on LP101, but did you copy a picture of the "MK-TA" key or the "CK-TA" key as your master key?

because there are actually 3 different keys for these cores: change/user, master(open) and core/control(removal) keys.
it's completely unnecessary to have ~15$ in keys for a 50¢ lock ... but we all do it anyway :P

either way, I'm pretty sure i do have some of those blanks if you need some more.
Nibbler: The poop-eradication is but one aspect of your importance.
<<

farmall

Familiar Face

Post Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:52 am

macgng wrote:it's completely unnecessary to have ~15$ in keys for a 50¢ lock ... but we all do it anyway :P

Sig line material right there.
macgng; it's completely unnecessary to have ~15$ in keys for a 50¢ lock ... but we all do it anyway :P
<<

macgng

Post Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:17 pm

farmall wrote:
macgng wrote:it's completely unnecessary to have ~15$ in keys for a 50¢ lock ... but we all do it anyway :P

Sig line material right there.

HAHA hell yeah!

that emhart that FF picked for me blind out of the box for me cost like dunno like 45-60$ i think. shipping to FF then he picked it and decoded one of the change cuts, it's mastered... then hand filed a working key, then shipping from FF to selim to cut keys, plus the goodies i sent him for doing that, then back to me was probably around 30-40 bucks or so just in shipping plus the extras. but the only place that had the exact weird high security emhart blanks, had them for 15$ for a single key....... had to get enough just incase there was an accident in cutting so ~ 5 blanks. thankfully i did my research and figured out the core could be dropped before i bid on it, so i knew it was all gonna be technically possible.

but man when you need just that right key for a padlock you've been searching for, you do what ever when there is almost a guarantee you'll get a perfectly working key.

i'd like to think that i set a few pins when i tried to pick it using FF's advice, but prolly not :( ... lol.

:D
Nibbler: The poop-eradication is but one aspect of your importance.
<<

caveman

Post Tue May 02, 2017 12:00 am

verry nice
<<

Robotnik

Familiar Face

Post Sun May 28, 2017 2:14 pm

Kwikset KeyControl Deadbolt
Bicentric Deadbolt

Designed for multifamily residential applications, this is a master keying solution for a lock that otherwise can't be mastered. Faceplate removed from this to demonstrate operation; normally plate covers plug not in use.

Sargent Duplex Padlock
Master Ring Padlock

Rare Duplex with quatrefoil design. Uses obsolete MR keyway; master key is aftermarket Ilco, change is modified KW1.

Sargent Square Pin
Unusual Master Key Padlock

Older "S&Co" wordmark on case. These locks use square pinstacks, with each side milled to a different height. Master blanks are obsolete; impressioned change key on U keyway blank.
Previous

Return to Your Lock Collections