FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

American / Junkunc Bros Double Wafer Padlock Help

<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:29 pm

American / Junkunc Bros Double Wafer Padlock Help

In that same ebay lot, there was an old Junkunc padlock which has their double wafer system. I picked the lock and decided to see inside the shackle just how dirty this old guy was and I noticed a little screw. I then learned that removing the screws gives space for a pin to move releasing the core. A bit of oil and the core was out (super dirty insides) but analyzing the core and wafers I discovered that the spring that hold them in place was broken so the 5th wafer set wasn't working. I cleaned all of the insides and decided to make that spring but failed. The cam/actuator was also not right, the spring was not connected so no spring tension and I couldnt figure out how to fix that. Looks like someone serviced it or tried to and didnt know what they were doing.

If anyone has any info on these locks, please send it my way. I know Riyame helped Adrian Weber some time ago with a lock like this and even had a PDF so if that is still available, please do send it. Lastly, if anyone has a spare spring, please PM me. Oh yes, any info on the key or any help making one would also be great. Want to make a key for this lock.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:52 pm

Re: American / Junkunc Bros Double Wafer Padlock Help

Take a look at Gordon's thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=9848&p=89823#p89823
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: American / Junkunc Bros Double Wafer Padlock Help

He did a great review, Thanks for the link Jeff.

Return to This Old (or unusual) Lock