FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

New Mul-T-Lock: Integrator <pics>

<<

ARF-GEF

Post Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:48 am

New Mul-T-Lock: Integrator <pics>

I recently met a brand new member to the Mul-T-lock product range, the "Integrator" and I thought I could share the news with a bit of a breakdown, a short review and a few facts.

intro.jpg

It is positioned between the 7x7 and the Interactive, with 1 special oval pin and a corresponding cut which is pre-cut in the blank.
The special pin has 3 variants, Right, Middle and Left, but only 1 length.
As with 7x7 the 30/30 length has 6 pins on each side (5 normal and 1 "special integrator pin) and sizes 35 and above have 7 pins (6 normal + 1 integrator).
It has decent drill resistance, in fact corresponds to the considerably good SKG 2 stars, inside you can find both hard metal rods and 1 ball inserted.

plug.jpg

The best was I can describe it is that it's basically a 7x7 with an feeble attempt at better blank control. I have more than a feeling that you can mill the fitting 7x7 blank to have that special cut with any dimple key copy machine, MTL should have thought about that! Seriously :roll: ...)
It also sacrifices one of the 7 (or 6 depending on size) pins for the sake of the new pin. So a 30/30 sized integrator has 5 effective pins where you can have different sizes, though admittedly the pins are made precisely and the whole lock is generally well made.
Also I appreciate the SKG2* resistance class, that is very commendable, especially since most criminals don't pick.

From a picking point of view, it's even easier than the usual 7x7.
From the locksmith's perspective it offers better drill resistance at the cost of some master keying possibilities.
And from a consumer viewpoint the new interactive plus (overtaking the old plain "interactive) offers many advantages, much more secure against breaking, significantly better blank control (and higher pick resistance), that comes at a higher price but still I would get the interactive plus.

It's easy to ID the new model when it's installed, it has a distinctive "i" on the front.

lock and key.jpg

int pins.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ARF-GEF on Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To infinity... and beyond!
=== WARNING DANGER OF TYPOS!===
Arfspeak: calnin cladycomes: you allow her key in themodning
Equals in plain English: cleaning lady comes: you allow her key in the morning
<<

MrAnybody

The Muffin Man
The Muffin Man

Post Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:04 am

Re: New Mul-T-Lock: Integrator <pics>

Many thanks for sharing this, ARF. Looks interesting while not presenting a real new challenge to pick. I find it to be yet another example of manufacturers focusing on protecting their key blanks rather than being innovative with lock design. But I very much agree with you that crims usually don't pick, and drilling protection in this one looks well done.

Many thanks, ARF.

On a side note:
I'd like to suggest that you upload your pics to the KP server. Elbo pointed it out to me last time I did a tear-down so these things aren't lost in years to come when Image hosters change, or we find ourselves sitting at that workbench above the clouds :D

Here's some great instructions of it, if you fancy doing it: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=6755

MrAnybody's Locks

DISCLAIMER: Reader may posit an understanding of what was written, while this may not coincide with the intended meaning of what is read. Use of brain is required. No purchase necessary. One size fits all, and may contain traces of gibberish.
<<

ARF-GEF

Post Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:01 am

Thanks MrA, I will do, but first I will ask Elb about it. KP server space is limited, and it might not be worth spending it on relatively common lock like this one. (Especially compared to your amazing post about the fantastic fichet-s.)
If he gives me a green light, I will naturally upload it, after all I made them to be enjoyed :)

Indeed it's more about a way to sell new blanks and more focused on financial gain than jaw dropping security innovation :D

But not sure how wise it is, integrator blanks are more expensive than 7x7 blanks and I'm sure most experienced lockies will notice the work around of that.
Tomorrow I'll have a go at a normal 7x7 blank and try to make an Integrator blank out of it, to see if my theory is correct, but I'm pretty confident about the outcome of that experiment :)
If I were MTL I would take special care that no similar blanks of 7x7 and integrator are available at the same market. :razz:
As they are rolled out in other markets I suggest to all of you guys to check if there are suitable 7x7 blanks which you can make into integrator balnks :)
My plan is using a Silca Matrix Pro key machine, but I think any similar ones will do it just fine, not sure which kinds are similar in you respective regions :)
I am happy for the new drill resistance it's a more common challenge in average use environments here than picking, but that is still far beyond the crowbar and breaking badly installed locks...
To infinity... and beyond!
=== WARNING DANGER OF TYPOS!===
Arfspeak: calnin cladycomes: you allow her key in themodning
Equals in plain English: cleaning lady comes: you allow her key in the morning
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:10 pm

Thanks for the post.

Don't worry about server space, go ahead and upload if you like! The main restriction we have on pics is just that the pics be yours, or that you have written permission to post them. We host pics on the site so that, as MrAnybody said, in years to come we don't end up with all the old forum posts being picture-less due to broken links and whatnot.

Return to This Old (or unusual) Lock