FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Small display case lock

<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:35 pm

Small display case lock

Just like Xeo, I have a lock I would like identified. This was given to me today by a lockie friend who did not know what kind it is either. The keys have no names or numbers on them, neither does the lock. First saw one of these on a display case at a local mall.

Side view. Sort of like a long KIK cylinder. That tab on the back end is what is turned with the plug to allow removal of the lock.

The key looks sort of like three sides of a cruciform lock, but only has pins on the top edge. The angles at the front of the keyway make fitting a tension wrench rather difficult.

oh, did I mention that unlike the Scandinavian Jail lock, this one is a little bit smaller? That is my smallest finger next to the key.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

rai

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:59 am

Re: Small display case lock

bit yer nails much.... :smile:
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:26 pm

Burg Wachter. If I've done it right, a photo accompanies this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

Altashot

Post Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:57 pm

That's it! I couldn't remember last night. Burg Wachter with 2 dots above the a.
I also know them as "bullet lock" as they somewhat resemble a fire arm cartridge.
I believe that Armstrong also make them.

M.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:44 pm

Thank you, Magician. Been trying to figure it out. And Altashot for the Armstrong name to chase down.

@Rai - yeah, they are all bit down like that. Been trying to break that habit for decades. :-?

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

mrbinky

Familiar Face

Post Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:18 pm

i like it. looks pretty cool i think. it is a little guy
we are anonymous
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:53 am

I guessed I missed this thread. Have you been able to pick this?
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:56 am

Yes. It came down to making a fork shaped tension wrench out of .030" music wire with a reach tool.

One side of the fork is shorter tha n the other and fits into the TOK. The other side is longer and slips next to the side where the plug finally tapers down and is adjacent to the shell, on the right side. Opened it twice that way, but it took a while. Luckily it had no security pins that I could feel.

Adding a third fork to the tension wrench might have made it easier, with the third for going on the other side where the plug meets the shell, then using a reach tool. Only 4 pins.

Gordon

Return to This Old (or unusual) Lock