FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

My BRAMAH to be picked

<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:48 pm

My BRAMAH to be picked

this really isnt about the bramah really...

it has a switch attached to it... and it appreas to be in the opposite way of the way i want it...

can anyone tell me how to hook up a light to this switch sothat when the lock is unlocked the light will come on.

i thought it was unusual to have a switch on the lock lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

geardog32

Familiar Face

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: My BRAMAH to be picked

have you tried just flipping the switch over and replacing the screws? it may take a little bending of the metal spring that comes into contact with the bolt since that is what actuates the switch.
<<

14 levers

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:06 am

Re: My BRAMAH to be picked

Those three lugs at the bottom, they go to the internal contacts,
one is a common (typically, though not necessarily the one on the end closest to the little button that gets depressed)
one is open when the switch is depressed, the other one is closed, just run the wires, one from the common, the other wire from..best guess from the pics.....the opposite end lug, if that isn't what you want switch the wire from the end lug (not the common lug) to the center one.
I can't tell from the pics, but most are labeled COM, N.O., N.C. on the switch case. You probably want to wire from COM and N.C.. (Switch closed in the normal or undepressed state.)
Pompous Asshole
or
Genius Know-It-All
Subjective, Objective.
What's the difference?

Return to This Old (or unusual) Lock