FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

How a Gougler Padlock Works

<<

UncleLennyUncleLenny

Post Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:26 am

Re: How a Gougler Padlock Works

I have a Gougler lock that I found when cleaning out my late uncle's apartment. I have the combination, but I can't seem to get it to open. It is one of the ones that has hard stops if turned far enough left or right with 18 clicks in between. Am I supposed to start at a particular spot before I enter the combination? Is there some way for me to reset the click count before I begin entering the combination?
<<

prevariikation

Post Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:48 pm

UncleLennyUncleLenny wrote:It is one of the ones that has hard stops if turned far enough left or right with 18 clicks in between. Am I supposed to start at a particular spot before I enter the combination?

Combinations for locks with hard stops begin by turning to a hard stop either left or right, based on the first instruction in the combination. If the first direction is right, then you'd turn left to a hard stop before entering the combo, and the opposite if the first direction was left. Hope this helps and you get your lock open soon!
<<

soton_lock1

Post Sun May 07, 2023 6:51 pm

Hello,

I’m new to this site, so I apologise if I have posted this in the wrong location.

I live in the Uk and have recently bought a Gougler Rd201 from the USA.

Unfortunately the lock didn’t come with the combination code.

Apparently the decoding sequence might be found in a “Reed” book or something similar.

If anyone knows how to how decode this lock then I would be very grateful.

The code stamped onto the shackle is A3 208.
<<

prevariikation

Post Mon May 08, 2023 4:44 pm

soton_lock1 wrote:If anyone knows how to how decode this lock then I would be very grateful.

Just sent you a private message.
<<

soton_lock1

Post Mon May 08, 2023 6:26 pm

prevariikation wrote:
soton_lock1 wrote:If anyone knows how to how decode this lock then I would be very grateful.

Just sent you a private message.

Thank you for your message, I have sent a reply.

So we know what we are dealing with here, I will try to attach a picture.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

prevariikation

Post Mon May 08, 2023 6:31 pm

Thank you for the picture! The lock is a different model than I expected and so I might not have the code.. the technique I sent you via PM won't apply to this lock either. I have one of a similar style that I've never opened. Wishing you luck regardless!
Previous

Return to This Old (or unusual) Lock