FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Diebold Safe May 23 1871 Lock Eagle 161 Peerless Kienzle

<<

7country-folk7

Post Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:52 am

Diebold Safe May 23 1871 Lock Eagle 161 Peerless Kienzle

I have an antique Diebold fire proof floor safe with an outer door's lock with a 4-wheel pack and has May 23 1871 die-stamped into the dial's knob. This safe also has an intricate inner jewelers door that I believe is supposed to have the Diebold Peerless Anti-Dynamite lock and I will get into that a little later since first I need confirmation on what my safe's outer door lock is. I have been told that it is called an Eagle 161 series but since hardly no one will respond to any of my questions that I have asked on many of these lock and safe sites, I can't confirm it.

After someone identifies it, I need to know what change key is the proper one for these locks. The change key holes are something like a diamond shape and so far none of the keys on a Keedex K-18 change key pack will properly work on it.

I attached pictures of the Diebold safe, doors, and locks. I will first upload the pictures of the safe and doors, and then upload the pictures of the Diebold May 23 1871 lock at the end. It is this lock that I am first trying to identify for certain and know the number of the change key that is supposed to be used when changing the combination of this lock.

Please Note: even though the pictures of this lock only shows 3 wheels in it, this in fact a 4-wheel pack. The previous owner tried to separate the 1st wheel which is at the bottom of the pack, but he didn't realize there are pins that hold the 2 halves together and so he was prying apart the 2 halves of the wheel and damaged them beyond repair and so I still had to use the center of this wheel at the bottom of the pack in order to keep the spacing right.

<<

7country-folk7

Post Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:07 pm

Re: Diebold Safe May 23 1871 Lock Eagle 161 Peerless Kienzle

I can now say for certain that this lock is a Diebold Eagle 161 series as the diagrams show in the pictures I uploaded.

...and since no one seems to have been able to provide an answer on other lock n safe web sites concerning what change key is needed because the lock hasn't been identified, wew finally it's identified and can find out what change key to use on it :)

<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:25 pm

You might have to manufacture your own change key for that.
<<

Dean Thatcher

Familiar Face

Post Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:46 am

Sorry but the pictures do not load

Return to This Old (or unusual) Lock