FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Yale and Towne 4 lever lock

<<

tpark

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:23 am

Yale and Towne 4 lever lock

IMG_1960.JPG

IMG_1963.JPG

I've obtained this lock in a trade, but I don't know much about the keys that are used in this kind of lock. I would like to make a key for the lock, but it doesn't look like the blanks are readily available.

1) Is there a place where I can obtain equivalent keys or originals? The Ilco 611 blank looks close.
2) Is space and depth information available for this lock? I dug around in the documents I have, and although I see there's a zillion types of Yale lock, but all the info I have seems to be for pin or safe deposit boxes.

My plan right now is hack up some JMA RV-4 blanks and use those for my keys - they have some additional warding in the key, but for this application I don't think it'll matter too much. In Lauren's book, he suggests using brass stock to make the initial keys, but I have a bunch of these and hopefully it won't take me too many tries to make a good key.

If you've got suggestions or comments, they would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

--Ted
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:29 am

Re: Yale and Towne 4 lever lock

Check with the guys on antique-locks.com forum - someone may have the blanks you need.
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:55 pm

They are still in the ILCO catalog.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:18 pm

Sending you a PM with the info.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Return to This Old (or unusual) Lock