FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Souvenir from Bologna

<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:39 am

Souvenir from Bologna

I've been to Bologna and went to a very good street market with vintage furniture and many many different objects. It's called "Mercato dell'antiquariato di piazza Santo Stefano", every first weekend of the month. Don't miss it if you go there. Obviously I got some padlocks.

Here are a couple interesting doors and door knockers.

This door is dedicated to you, MBI!

Cheers :)
<<

jharveee

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:42 am

Re: Souvenir from Bologna

Most likely this is the closest I'll be to the "Mercato dell'antiquariato di piazza Santo Stefano".
Thanks for sharing your photos. Whats behind the last door?
You got some neat old locks there. Do you have a room in your home to display all of these Souvenirs?
Two locks don't appear to have keys, are you planning on making keys?
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:27 am

Dunno what's behind the last door. It's one of the many old houses in the city centre. I dedicated the picture to MBI because he loves the number 42.

I hang some of my padlocks in my "toys" room (the basement). There's a thread with a couple pictures of it somewhere on the forum.

Only the first lock has keys. The others are almost working keys that the seller helped me find in a box full of keys. They need some tinkering to open the padlock.
I do want to make keys for the others. Actually i took apart one padlock because i couldn't pick it and wanted to see the internals. I'll make a thread about it.

<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:30 pm

femurat wrote:Dunno what's behind the last door. It's one of the many old houses in the city centre. I dedicated the picture to MBI because he loves the number 42.

I hang some of my padlocks in my "toys" room (the basement). There's a thread with a couple pictures of it somewhere on the forum.

Only the first lock has keys. The others are almost working keys that the seller helped me find in a box full of keys. They need some tinkering to open the padlock.
I do want to make keys for the others. Actually i took apart one padlock because i couldn't pick it and wanted to see the internals. I'll make a thread about it.

Aww, thanks man!
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Tue May 24, 2016 8:36 am

I had this old padlock laying around and I couldn't decide what kind of lock it was and how to pick it. I was looking for levers but couldn't feel them etc. so I went ahead and peeled off one side.
I could have thought better and imagine it was a warded lock. I'll clean it without ruining its patina and carefully reassemble it.

Thanks to this experience I was able to pick another one that looks almost the same. Had to dig it out and it was suddenly open.

Return to This Old (or unusual) Lock