FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Instakey sfic

<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:50 pm

Instakey sfic

So I've been wanting to get one of these cores for quite some time. I finally got one but it was in a housing and I could only ever pick it to operate. So I decided to get it out over the housing by drilling the housing and control lug.

When I went to dump the core my pin ejector broke on the 5th chamber so I could only get the chambers shown below. These are some serious pins for sfic. One last thing, the control sleeve only interacts with the first 4 chambers.

20160116_104345-1.jpg

20160116_120019-1.jpg

20160116_120247.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:06 pm

Re: Instakey sfic

Didn't know that the control lug was shorter on Instakey than on normal SFIC. Cool!

Love the spools in the fourth stack. :)

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:11 pm

GWiens2001 wrote:Didn't know that the control lug was shorter on Instakey than on normal SFIC. Cool!

Gordon

Same here, that is a very interesting fact. I guess all the short ones up front are for the rekeying. It also appears that the drivers in those chambers are narrower at the bottom.

I have spool pins in my SFIC kit so they are around but just not that common.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:26 pm

Riyame wrote:
GWiens2001 wrote:Didn't know that the control lug was shorter on Instakey than on normal SFIC. Cool!

Gordon

Same here, that is a very interesting fact. I guess all the short ones up front are for the rekeying. It also appears that the drivers in those chambers are narrower at the bottom.

I have spool pins in my SFIC kit so they are around but just not that common.

What really surprised me was the two Assa like top pins in the two left chambers.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:11 pm

Falcon makes those cores for Instakey - they are definitely pinned a bit strange.
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife

Return to This Old (or unusual) Lock