FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Corbin-Russwin Padlock Body Pin Question

<<

Robotnik

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:31 pm

Corbin-Russwin Padlock Body Pin Question

I'm currently working with a sub-assembled Russwin padlock, and wanted to make sure I'm on the right track with the lock's body pins. Photo below:

From the C-R padlock catalog, I believe the visible protrusions are the heads of some screws that sit atop the body pins. My question is, when assembling these padlocks, are these heads simply ground down flush with the body, or is there more that needs to occur for a proper job?

Thanks for any help!
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:55 pm

Re: Corbin-Russwin Padlock Body Pin Question

One is to hold the keyway plug, one is for the shackle and not sure about the one on the left.

You are correct in that they are supposed to be ground or filed flat when final assembly is complete. Some people get them close then peen them over a bit to really snug fit them then finish filing flush.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

Robotnik

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:09 pm

Appreciate the reply and clarification. My mistake; got the impression from an exploded view in the padlock catalog that the screw and pin were separate, but I suppose that's why looking at PDF's on your phone at 11 PM isn't the best way to get the correct info :smile: .

Thanks!
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:16 pm

Whoops, just checked my pictures. It is a separate pin. I was thinking of the CISA lock I did at the same time that is a solid pin.

PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Return to This Old (or unusual) Lock