FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Keil New York "Pick Proof" Lock Breakdown with Pictures

<<

mercurial

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:09 pm

Re: Keil New York "Pick Proof" Lock Breakdown with Pictures

With a bump key, I'd be worried about the key damaging the disc when the key is struck. Also, the ramp on the key for the first pin stack would have to be further towards the tip of the key, to strike the plate at the same time as the other pins are struck, otherwise the timing will be off, or the disc not struck at all.

A manual pick gun or EPG would be safer for the lock. Not much fun in terms of the challenge & picking experience, but I suspect it may be the quickest & most gentle way to pick one of these cylinders. Only picking by hand would be more gentle.

My only other suggestion is experimenting with clockwise & counter-clockwise tensioning - the idea being to get the first pin stack with the disc to bind as late in the picking order as possible.

Thankyou for posting gut shots of a really interesting lock!

I have seen a driver pin with the 'stacked discs' once before, it was in an old pinning kit for DOM locks. I wish I had some of those!

...Mark
<<

macgng

Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...
Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...

Post Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:01 pm

Re: Keil New York "Pick Proof" Lock Breakdown with Pictures

I saw one of these at a local lock shop and tried really hard to buy it but it was from the shop owner's personal collection and he just wouldn't let it go. the keyway is serious, didn't realize all the extras it had in it til i looked at this thread again.
Nibbler: The poop-eradication is but one aspect of your importance.
Previous

Return to This Old (or unusual) Lock