FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

PTPK Padlocks

<<

oldbiscuit

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:20 pm

PTPK Padlocks

Here is my latest fad. My very first padlock in my vast collection was a Yale pin tumbler push key padlock that was given to me by an old gent when I was about 15. I've always had a fondness in my heart for these locks and lately I've decided to expand on them and collect other brands of the same design. Hope you all enjoy, Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"It never fails - as soon as I find the key to success, somebody changes the lock!"
<<

oldbiscuit

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:27 pm

Re: PTPK Padlocks

More locks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"It never fails - as soon as I find the key to success, somebody changes the lock!"
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:38 pm

Guess that would be a non-SFIC Best!

Great collection, Oldbiscuit.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

oldbiscuit

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:17 pm

Gordon, when I bought the Best, I thought it was a standard PTPK. When it arrived and I had a closer look, I was mildly surprised. It unlocks like a standard push key padlock (think round Champion 6 lever), but opens like a PTPK lock. I don't know if it's the same lock company as the modern day Best lock co., kind of doubt it. Mark
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:24 pm

Doubt it is the same company as well, Oldbiscuit. Saw from the key in the picture that it is more like the lever push keys instead of pin tumbler. Really appreciate you sharing that collection with us.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:28 pm

No, that one is not related to Best lock company. They have only ever made SFIC locks.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:14 am

Beautiful!!
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

oldbiscuit

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:55 pm

Picked up a few more for the collection, I'm always looking for something different. The first one has a modern key that was filed down, but it is supposed to use a flat key. Some day when I have more time, I'll cut a correct key on a flat blank. The last one is a Push key, but a warded lock rather than a pin tumbler. Hope you all enjoy, Mark
<<

oldbiscuit

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:02 pm

The collection keeps growing, although for a while I thought I had lost one. My latest, the GW&H (Geller, Ward & Hasner Hardware Co) didn't show up in the mail ,but the envelope it was shipped in did. I filed a claim with the USPS and got ahold of the local postmaster. They found the lock and got it shipped back to me, Thank God. Hope you all enjoy, Mark
<<

PhoneMan

I've gone and said something stupid, haven't I?
I've gone and said something stupid, haven't I?

Post Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:47 pm

Nice collection!

Return to This Old (or unusual) Lock