FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Souvenir from Austria

<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:10 am

Souvenir from Austria

I've been on a long trip with my bike and friends and spent a couple days in Villach, a very nice city in Austria.
I visited a local locksmith shop where I met a very nice guy, who was not shocked by the fact that I collect locks. He was very kind and sold me a Burg Wachter Magno made in Austria.

Despite the lock looks well built, it was a very easy pick. The bittings of my key is not difficult but it felt too easy to be true. I used one of the first picks I made, it's my favorite one for padlocks. I picked it a few times without being sure I touched all the pins. At first I was afraid it was missing a pin or two in the back, but then I picked it a few more times and noticed that I do need to pick all the pins. I didn't notice security pins but maybe the binding order helps me avoid noticing a false set.
From a DE point of view is a very good lock, with double locking system and rustproof interior.
Here it is, I edited the contact info of the shop that sold me the lock.

Here are some love padlocks hanging on the fence of the small bridge that crosses the Drau, I should have taken this picture a little closer...

A quite common here, looks a cheap one but has a nice logo

An Italian Viro with a little luggage lock attached to it, dunno if the couple had a child and added the small padlock to their old one or somebody just attached the small one to it

This one looks like a purposely made love padlock, without a keyway. I think you buy it opened and close it just once!

And here is a side door of the local church, with a very detailed keyhole cover, but it's just a decoration: there is no hole in the "keyhole".

Cheers :)
<<

MrAnybody

The Muffin Man
The Muffin Man

Post Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:50 am

Re: Souvenir from Austria

Nice pics, fem. Especially that custom love lock. Great idea. And I would love to get my hands on one of those Viro 105 (80mm) one day.

I also had a Magno that was far too easy.

Thanks for sharing that. Really cool.

MrAnybody's Locks

DISCLAIMER: Reader may posit an understanding of what was written, while this may not coincide with the intended meaning of what is read. Use of brain is required. No purchase necessary. One size fits all, and may contain traces of gibberish.
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:48 am

Re: Souvenir from Austria

Thanks man. It's a shame I can't make to lockcon this year, otherwise I would have brought a brand new viro for you... I'm sure you have something interesting to trade :mrgreen:

Cheers :)

Return to This Old (or unusual) Lock