FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

eagle barrel padlock

<<

quabillion

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:54 pm

eagle barrel padlock

So i picked up this eagle from ebay last week and it arrived satruday. This is the second one that i have got from that seller. The first one i gave to a friend at work who has given me many locks and lock related stuff, including a pick gun and a pin kit. He is the type who has to know how a lock works, where as i am the type who has to pick them. Anyway he could see a pin in the body that he promptly drilled out in an attempt to disassemble the lock, but discovered that the bottom edge of the body was rolled over to hold the core in place. So it cannot be disassembled without destroying the body. The pin can be seen in the third pic just to the left of the logo. He replaced the pin with an allen set screw and now uses the lock on his backyard tool shed. After giving that lock away i decided that i must have one for my collection and i ordered another. The second one is in much better condition and comes with an original eagle brand key. There was a bunch of old grease and gunk on and in the lock that i removed with brake cleaner. I then polished the body and key with steel wool until it gleamed like gold. I really like this lock for some reason and i dont know why lol. The keyway is really tough to get picks into as well due to lots of warding on the sides.

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem,
first make sure that you are not, in fact, simply surrounded by assholes." William Gibson
<<

quabillion

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:48 pm

Re: eagle barrel padlock

some shots of the key, requested by jeffmoss.
Sorry for the crappy quality, looks like i need a new camera

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem,
first make sure that you are not, in fact, simply surrounded by assholes." William Gibson
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:02 pm

That is a cool lock. You certainly made it look like new. Kept mine in the condition it arrived - with the patina of tarnish showing its age.

Those are also great pictures of your Satallite laptop. Seems your camera was focusing on the laptop instead of the key. Maybe next time you might put the key flat on a sheet of paper or something with an even color when you photograph it, so the camera only has the key to focus on. :)

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:06 pm

they are a cool looking lock, I still have to find one for my collection.
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

jones

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:43 pm

That key looks like the infamous 1013DX but you can also use one other key also.
With folks around drilling these they can only go Up in value!

Return to This Old (or unusual) Lock