FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Dual Cylinder/Dual Key 16 pin lock! (Pics and video)

<<

Marduk28

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:37 am

Dual Cylinder/Dual Key 16 pin lock! (Pics and video)

Hey Guys,

I found this sweet motorbike lock today at a locksmith in town! It has 2 cylinders and 2 keys that are inserted and turned simultaneously!

I am thinking that you might have to pick the both cylinders that the same time (work with a partner!) or pick one and keep tension on it while you pick the other (probably still need a partner)!

I made a YouTube channel so I can show you guys the locks better! Here is a short video a made about this lock.

Have you guys seen these before?
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:17 am

Re: Dual Cylinder/Dual Key 16 pin lock! (Pics and video)

Dude! I've never seen ANYTHING like that! That lock is serious cool! How much did it set you back? I totally want one... that is massively all kinds of awesome slathered in awesome sauce with a side of awesome! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: (yep six droolies... since six is auspicious and all in a going smoothly and easily kind of way and I really want to score one of these!)

Can you get more and how much are they? I NEED to know!

Really... not foolin here
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

LockManipulator

Post Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:33 am

elbowmacaroni wrote:Dude! I've never seen ANYTHING like that! That lock is serious cool! How much did it set you back? I totally want one... that is massively all kinds of awesome slathered in awesome sauce with a side of awesome! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: (yep six droolies... since six is auspicious and all in a going smoothly and easily kind of way and I really want to score one of these!)

Can you get more and how much are they? I NEED to know!

Really... not foolin here

x2! Honestly that is one of, if not the freakin' coolest, lock i've ever seen! Your finds keep getting better and better but this by far surpasses the rest!!!! :drool:

EDIT: I'm thinking it uses the pins to turn the plug. To tension it, you'd have to put pressure on a pin?? Or tension the face of the plug
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:52 am

***spreads the drool absorbent, and orders an extra case of it for Marduk28's posts***

Make that three people interested in getting one. This is getting scary, dude!

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Marduk28

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:33 am

Hey Guys!

Yeah when I saw this thing my jaw dropped~ it just looked so cool!

I'll have to try and find more of these type around my home town, hopefully I can!

Thanks for the interest guys~ I'll keep a list of people who are interested in getting one of these. I'll make a post if/when I find more.

Let me tell you guys~ the lock shops here are a absolute crap shoot! You never know what you are going to find. Sometimes total junk, sometimes awesome stuff like this! I have stopped at over 20 locksmiths in the last week on the hunt for cool finds and this last one was the only one with this lock on the shelf. Just looking at the different way the people run their shops: the variation in pricing, the different attitudes towards foreigners in their shop, etc.. it's all so interesting. Carrying all my locks from place to place was crazy! My bag just got heavier and heavier~ my back is sore, haha.

Upon further inspection it looks like there is a shallow groove cut into the back of the key which kind of grabs a little notch on the inside of the keyway.

I tried getting tension on one of the pins, but it just pushes the pin down. Trying to use the notch for tension doesn't seem to work either since it's not that big... Hmmmmm~ probably going to have to get creative! Even if I did figure out the tension I don't know how I could keep tension on one plug while picking the other.

I have no idea how someone would get this off a motorbike in a real world situation! All in all I would consider this to be a pretty damn good lock!
<<

LockManipulator

Post Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:42 am

I see the groove now. Hmm... How about making a ring with a little notch in it and a straight piece sticking off. You slip the ring inside and the straight piece keeps it from falling down all the way and you tension it with the straight piece. Your pick goes inside the ring to pick it. Idk if that makes sense to you? Here's a crappy picture to illustrate:
weird tensioner.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

rerun12

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:00 pm

Damn Marduk..you find some cool locks man, keep em comin!
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand.
<<

macgng

Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...
Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...

Post Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:08 pm

damn man you just keep finding crazy stuff! and then something crazier!
Nibbler: The poop-eradication is but one aspect of your importance.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:15 pm

INSANITY!!! Very cool. Thanks for the vid.... grabbed a ticket to your show :D
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

Marduk28

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:29 pm

Thanks!

I'll try and make more videos soon! :razz:
<<

escher7

Post Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:46 pm

The key appears to have a gear that turns both cylinders at the same time. It may be necessary to pick them together i.e. one pin on cylinder 1 and then maybe the next on either 1 or 2, depending on resistance. Maybe make a double pick by bending a wiper insert in a U and then bending each end at 90 degrees to make a double pick.
<<

Marduk28

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:34 am

Damn ~ watching someone pick this thing would be quite a sight!

Return to This Old (or unusual) Lock