FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Diebold Vault Lock

<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:50 pm

Diebold Vault Lock

Diebold Vault Lock

Got a new toy today!

Diebold vault lock.  This is an older one from when Diebold still made their own locks.  Do not know the exact model - if somebody here knows, please let me know!

Good sized dial and dial ring.

For those of the metric persuasion:

The lock body is large, as well.

Again, for the metrically inclined…

Perhaps something to give a sense of scale.  Here is the Diebold vault lock next to a Diebold safe lock.  The safe lock is mounted on a stand (the black piece), but it is easy to see the size difference.

OK, in order to prevent Oldfast from ordering a mafia kill contract on me, here are some gut shots. ;-)

Here the lever is lifted by the cam, bolt is extended (vault is locked)

Now the gates are lined up, the cam is at the drop zone, and the bolt is retracted (vault is unlocked).

This gear splines to the dial spindle, and meshes with a gear, which is in turn splined to a spindle that is splined to the drive cam.

Without any tools, (except for a screwdriver to remove the back cover) the lever and fence assembly lifts out of the lock body.

Here are the four wheels and the drive cam in the lock body.

The lever is completely gravity operated - no springs!  Install this lock upside down and lock it, and you got problems.

What is this large lock mounted with?  Large mounting bolts, of course. :mrgreen:

So what could make this lock better?  Oh, I know... the change key!

The change key not enough?  Well, what do you expect?  Another lock? :?

Well, if you insist. :-D

Yes, the lock is part of a matching set.  The upper and lower locks for a two lock vault door.   :twisted:

Levers up:

Levers down:

There you have them!  And sorry, the second lock is already sold to another member.  If I could have afforded both of them, would have kept the pair.  But rest assured, it is going to a very good home!

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:55 pm

Re: Diebold Vault Lock

Already sold?!!?! Son of a @#%$@#%! :wah:

Very nice locks. So, where on earth did you manage to find them? I want....

On another note, the guts look exactly like my S&G vault lock. I will just link it instead of embedding the pics. http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/Riyame/library/Sargent%20Greenleaf%20and%20Military%20locks/SG%20safe%20lock

Next time you find an extra let me know. :lol:
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:12 pm

Re: Diebold Vault Lock

Massively over-sized?! 4 wheels?! External gear drive?! Good lord, I'm lovin' it!

GWiens2001 wrote:OK, in order to prevent Oldfast from ordering a mafia kill contract on me, here are some gut shots. ;-)

Shit! Took ya long enough to take the damn cover off!! Haha! I was starting to wonder.

Very excited for you Lock Goblin :spinning: Congrats on acquiring those beauties.

Someday.... someday. lol
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."

Return to This Old (or unusual) Lock