FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Small Sargent Padlocks

<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:42 pm

Small Sargent Padlocks

Another mystery item...these two small Sargent padlocks.
The one on the left is from ebay and the one in the middle is from Riyame. Both are much smaller than a normal 5 pin Sargent padlock (right).
The key is marked 33975A which corresponds to the bitting but I am not sure about the keyway.
The key is 5 pins but you can see how much smaller it is as well.
Normal Sargent blanks are too large to fit these padlocks, so I am glad they both have keys.

Anyone seen these or know more about them?
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:48 pm

Re: Small Sargent Padlocks

Jeff the first lock shop I worked in, back in the early 70's had quite a few different key blanks in this smaller size. In the 7 years I worked there I don't remember copying but a couple of keys. After I left there I never saw them again. I would guess at that time it was old stock. No help I realize, but it's the best I got! Mark
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin

Return to This Old (or unusual) Lock