FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Searching for old General Motors lock wafers

<<

dharris45

Post Wed Jun 05, 2024 6:03 pm

Searching for old General Motors lock wafers

I am new to this forum and not a professional locksmith. It has gotten hard to get work done on old GM car locks that I decided to do it myself. I purchased a couple of Curtis No. 15 key cutters and set one up to do 1935-1966 keys and the other to do 1967. I work on 2nd generation corvettes (1953 to 1967).

I need to rekey a couple of glovebox locks and I have been unable to find the correct old wafers. The attached picture shows the older wafer I have been trying to find on the left. The later version on the right can be modified to work, but I would prefer to find ones like the left.

Hopefully this forum can give me some information about where to possible purchase them.

Thanks,

Don
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Squelchtone

Post Wed Jun 05, 2024 9:14 pm

Re: Searching for old General Motors lock wafers

Could you buy cylinders on ebay and cannibalize the wafers from them to fit your locks and keys?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/351165395821

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304781233885
<<

dharris45

Post Thu Jun 06, 2024 4:49 am

Re: Searching for old General Motors lock wafers

Yes. I have been on the lookout for those. However, at the prices for the lock cores on eBay the wafers end up costing $6-$8 each. I could live with that, but I am hoping to find just the wafers for sale. But it may be wishful thinking.

Thanks very much for your reply,

Don

Return to HELP!!!!!