FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

First HF Rig

<<

KJ4IPS

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:01 pm

First HF Rig

Well.. I just got my Genreal, does anyone have any tips for picking out a first HT rig, I have about 200 for this, and will be going to the ten-tec hamfest in about a month

any input appreciated.

-KJ4IPS CL
It is foolish to think that any puzzle born of human ingenuity cannot be unraveled by the same (Someone whose name I have forgotten)
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:11 am

Re: First HF Rig

First of all, congrats on the upgrade to General! :hbg:

HF rig, eh? I would look around and see if you can find an Icom 718, but if all you have to spend is $200, that's going to be a bit tough. 718's brand new go for about $600.

Icom 706's are good multi-band radios - HF, 6 & 2 meters, as well as 70 cm - but decent used ones still go for round $400 to $500. The plus side is that you have basically four radios in one and the 706 is being overshadowed by the new IC 7000, so you may be able to find some decent ones out there. They are still very popular.

Return to CQ DX