FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

MCS Mapper - "One tool to rule them all"

<<

l0ckcr4ck3r

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:15 pm

MCS Mapper - "One tool to rule them all"

Heres a flight of fantasy that i took a few months ago but I've come to the conclusion that my coding skills are not there yet and I'm just not going to be able to afford to bring this to reality! But I'm open to offers of sponsorship ;-)
If it got built, it would make a pick redundant and a Decoduino look like a toy! … oh and i got bored again and did some drawings… they're not the best but get the concept over...

Anyway… here goes…

Employees return to work on a monday morning and the ones who aren't bleary eyed, just think maintenance has upgraded or armored the lock on the front door or the door to the parking garage…

Its not really a concern cause the key still works and its not some secure area or even their department… oh well…

but the backs been hollowed out…

and someone has built a tiny circuit with 2 magnetic encoder chips, a PIC24F micro controller and either a GHz RF transceiver or a full blown WiFi chip… (imagine a whole load more traces on there)

then they've done some origami and stuffed the pcb into the back of the thing with a couple of button cells…

things end up in there a bit like this…..

Getting the picture now? First victim just gives you the magnetic bitting to get in the building! But think bigger…. !!??

Couple it with video surveillance, and you got a face to go with the key! Facial recognition over the web, trawling social media sites quickly get you a name as well!

Nice thing about corporate websites is they very often give you a staff directory, so now you know what department they are in…. Keep going….

With a little more research on the layout of the building you can get an idea of where different departments are located.

By the end of the week, the entire master keying scheme is your B1tch :twisted:
<<

macgng

Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...
Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...

Post Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:19 pm

Re: MCS Mapper - "One tool to rule them all"

NICE idea!
Nibbler: The poop-eradication is but one aspect of your importance.
<<

Alaphablue

The only difference between me and this crazy island is that I'm a madman!
The only difference between me and this crazy island is that I'm a madman!

Post Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:33 pm

Awesome man , it would have to be durable to stay on there all week there are some dumb,clumsy and inquisitive people in every company .
<<

l0ckcr4ck3r

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:46 pm

Alaphablue wrote:Awesome man , it would have to be durable to stay on there all week there are some dumb,clumsy and inquisitive people in every company .

yeah, you're right… maybe a bit of 5 min JBweld... Its a nice dream though! :)

Its not that difficult to build, just expensive... its the data processing at the other end. say it samples at only 2kHz… thats a 2000 readings a second, you gotta stream that data over the wireless link into a buffer, then work backwards to figure out how fast the key was being inserted and if it was at a constant rate… then look at the window of samples, defined by that insertion rate, that then line up with the most likely spot for the center of each magnet as it passes. I don't even wanna think about it… cause id probably go fire up the Text Editor ;-)
<<

ARF-GEF

Post Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:29 am

Very cool!

I think it would be better to leave it on only a couple of hours (during the morning rush it will get plenty of readings anyway). If it gets noticed by the security (and I don't think an average security guard would act on it) there will be quite a hassle...
With a bit of luck there will be a higher ranking manager entering in that timeframe... and then :)
To infinity... and beyond!
=== WARNING DANGER OF TYPOS!===
Arfspeak: calnin cladycomes: you allow her key in themodning
Equals in plain English: cleaning lady comes: you allow her key in the morning
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:16 am

Think a couple of hours would not be feasible. Security would notice someone "changing locks" during working hours.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

l0ckcr4ck3r

Familiar Face

Post Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:13 am

GWiens2001 wrote: Security would notice someone "changing locks" during working hours.

Gordon

Gordon thats why it is so powerful… its just a small cylinder of Nickel plated brass, glued to the front of the existing lock plug. take you all of 10 seconds with crazy glue ;-)
<<

ARF-GEF

Post Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:03 pm

Yeah that could be right. But more than a day is risky IMO, too long and someone is bound to get suspicious. Not surre. Does anyone do pentesting professionally? They might have more insight about how to weigh the risk of install/removal to the risk of leaving it on long term.
To infinity... and beyond!
=== WARNING DANGER OF TYPOS!===
Arfspeak: calnin cladycomes: you allow her key in themodning
Equals in plain English: cleaning lady comes: you allow her key in the morning
<<

LockManipulator

Post Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:29 pm

Nice tool! I'd love to see it built!

Return to Awol's Research & Development