FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Would this tool be easy to build?

<<

pickmonger2

Post Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:46 pm

Would this tool be easy to build?

I was reading a book written in the 1980's discussing tools that the author wanted to build.

How hard would it be to built a device a that allows a lock picker to practice lifting tumblers one at a time, and get an instant readout on a dial as to how he (or she) is doing, one dial for each pin. or be built to read out as a series of light-emitting diodes or L.E.D.’s and set to signal if a tumbler other than the currently worked tumbler is accidently lifted.

Are we talking something the average lockie could build or something Bond's Q could only do.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:21 pm

Re: Would this tool be easy to build?

I'd guess the answer would be somewhere in between.

The real question would be "Would this tool give an accurate representation of what picking is like?" The answer to that is Not very likely.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

pickmonger2

Post Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:29 am

Thank you very much for identifying the major flaw. In real life would this tool give an accurate representation of what picking is like.

Sadly Not very likely.

I come across a lot of gadgets and while they sound great I will have to ask how will the perform in real life.
<<

Visitor

Post Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:14 pm

Clear practise locks are the closest you'll get but really, only lifting 1 pin etc is the first most thing any picker learns, after your first go you work that part out so even if such a device existed (simply made but as suggested not a true representation of a lock), it would soon be redundant.

Return to Awol's Research & Development