FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

What if a relocker is activated?

<<

Swampy459

Post Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:04 am

What if a relocker is activated?

I was watching the mythbusters segment based on the movie "Score" where they fill a safe with water and blow it up (awesome clip)

It got me to wondering -

If I was the owner of a big safe, and a thief broke in and tried to drill it, breaking the glass and firing the relockers, and was effectively deterred...

How the heck would I get it open after that? LOL Do they even make a saw that could saw that safe apart?
<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:37 am

Re: What if a relocker is activated?

You would have to call a locksmith and have the safe drilled. I would call the safe Manufacturer, get the drill point for the relocker, drill a hole and do what I gotta do. I actually hit a glass relocker drilling a safe about 8 years ago, took a lot more time to get the safe open.
<<

14 levers

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:54 am

KokomoLock wrote:You would have to call a locksmith and have the safe drilled.

Uhhhgg, Call a safe tech and save the Earth. Locksmiths work on locks and most make safes look like Swiss cheese and irreparable landfill.
Pompous Asshole
or
Genius Know-It-All
Subjective, Objective.
What's the difference?
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:58 am

Yes; drilling safes is not for the timid! Sometimes, firing off the relockers can actually provide stress relief...only because one would know that the worst has happened, and there's little more to worry about.
I've been on some safe lockouts that took hours to oveercome. Safe opening isn't always the glamourous activity Hollywood would have us believe. But it sure makes one feel more like a man, once the "beast" is beaten!
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:00 am

14 levers wrote:
KokomoLock wrote:You would have to call a locksmith and have the safe drilled.

Uhhhgg, Call a safe tech and save the Earth. Locksmiths work on locks and most make safes look like Swiss cheese and irreparable landfill.

LOL, you are right call a safe tech if you can find one.
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:24 am

I can appreciate 14's attitude. I have followed after some of those locksmiths, who really never should have been allowed near the drill. Some of the craziest lockout scenarios I have encountered were caused by well-meaning lockies who thought safe opening is easy.
On the other hand, I don't use the "safe tech" handle...I am a locksmith. The customer really can't tell (which is the pity) any difference between the names. The thing that counts is competance.
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:37 am

im a locksmith and not a safe tech... but we service safes... without turning it into cheese... 1 hole for the lock... and if it has relockers and we fire em (usually cause we cant find it in a book, which rarely happens) just 1 hole per relocker...

i have not messed one up so bad it turned to cheese... and ive messed up a few ;) but that was all in training, never on the job
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

sandman

Post Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:44 pm

when you drill through the relocker, there is usualy a secondary hardended plate behind the door in that area, its usualy about twice as strong, so when you do fuck up, and set the re locker, not only have you spent an hour drilling for nothing, but you now are probly looking at 4 to 8 more hours trying to drill through the hardened plate that is located to re enforce that new drill point.

getting into safes isnt glamorous, the best safe manipulator in colorado still takes 3 or more hours to open, the harder safe that need drilling can take any where from 1 hour to 9 hours, not glamerous at all.
<<

BrownEyesUser

Post Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:35 am

Swampy459 wrote:I was watching the mythbusters segment based on the movie "Score" where they fill a safe with water and blow it up (awesome clip)

It got me to wondering -

If I was the owner of a big safe, and a thief broke in and tried to drill it, breaking the glass and firing the relockers, and was effectively deterred...

How the heck would I get it open after that? LOL Do they even make a saw that could saw that safe apart?

I saw that episode as well. Pretty good stuff. I love how the door came right off in one piece. Too bad that they had to do a lot of things which can't be done in real life like plug in all holes from the inside.

Call the safe manufacturer. I'm sure they have methods in place to open the safe after the relocker was armed.
Distrust and caution are the parents of security. - Benjamin Franklin
<<

keymad1

Post Sat May 07, 2011 10:50 pm

jeff sittar is the usa's best minipulator.
<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:17 pm

There are lots of really good manipulaters in the USA, finding them is the issue. There is one of them in Dayton, Ohio that nobody outside of there has heard of. He could care less about "Glory", just give him his due ($). As far as relockers, if it's a good container, it will have multiple randomly located for extra fun. The factory can plot them, if they know you. And I have never seen hardplate at a relocker that was better than what is protecting the lock, You'll see the mean stuff there.
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks