FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Sentry Safe KS100B Question

<<

Klaiviel

Post Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:10 pm

Sentry Safe KS100B Question

Hello, I have a question regarding the construction of the Sentry Safe KS100B. I had asked this question on the other forum and they were less than helpful by moving my topic to the advanced section where of course I can't read it. Anyways I am in the process of fortifying my Sentry Safe with a cam lock that doesn't suck (the current lock is a 4 pin wafer that is way too easy to pick) and I intend to use an Abloy Protec cam lock to do it. So far I have been able to get out the old lock by removing the front cover; however, the cover was attached to the main body of the strongbox with some kind of compound which I assume to be a heat resistant adhesive. In an effort to reassemble it correctly I have contacted the company to see if they can tell me what the compound is although I do not expect that to pan out; so I am wondering if any of you guys might know. Worst case scenario I will probably resort to some kind of epoxy. Any help would appreciated. Thanks.
<<

Velvokay

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:16 pm

Re: Sentry Safe KS100B Question

If you upgraded the cam lock, still someone could get a chisel and beat the FIRE RATED safe at the seams. ''A chain is only as strong s the weakest link''. Your safe is rated for fire because it is made of cheap steel and fire retardant material.
Foot on the pedal - never ever false metal
Engine running hotter than a boiling kettle
The Beastie boys
<<

bouncer965

Post Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:20 pm

:agree: And i do believe there is a pretty easy bypass on the sentry model in question.
[“A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.”.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bouncer965
<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:29 pm

Those are strictly fire boxes, not security lock boxes. We get them in the shop all the time and I have yet to find a way to replace or upgrade the lock, way too much plastic.
<<

Klaiviel

Post Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:19 pm

Thank you for your replies and I completely agree that this is a fire box not a security lock box. That said, I am basically putting a Protec in for the hell of it, I mean at $35 for a Protec cam lock https://securitysnobs.com/Abloy-Protec- ... -Lock.html why not? I am sure their are easy bypasses for this box but it just bothers me that the lock on this box is easier to pick than my Kwikset deadbolts, last time I tried it took me about 4 seconds with a short hook and I consider myself a novice in terms of picking skill and that just bothers me. So while I understand ''A chain is only as strong s the weakest link'' this is mostly for my own personal amusement (I can now use my house deadbolt key on my strongbox) and any upgrade is still an upgrade.

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks