FAQ  •  My feedback  •  Feedback
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

LaGard 3330

<<

Cheesehead

Familiar Face

Posts: 91

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:26 am

Location: Manitoba, Canada

Post Wed Jun 05, 2024 2:10 am

Re: LaGard 3330

MeddlingKid wrote:I set wheel 1 to 83 and set wheels 2 and 3 to equal points on the dial (e.g. 83-51-51) and went through the dial. Showing a gate at 59-61. I ran a high/low test and verified the widest contact area is showing on wheel 2. So, I'm fairly confident that wheel 2 is 59-61.
83-X-X.png


I then parked wheel 2 at 59 and went through the dial, setting wheels 1 and 3 to equal numbers (e.g. 40-59-40). Showing a gate at 83-84. Ran a high/low test and showing the widest contact area on wheel 1. Starting to think wheel 1 is actually 83-84.
X-59-X.png


Finally, as suggested I parked wheel 1 at 92 and ran through the dial (e.g. 92-50-50). Didn't really see anything unless I'm missing something.
92-X-X.png


So, at this point does it make sense to just run 83.5-59-X and run the entire dial? Is there a quicker way to do that vs. just completely dialing 100 different combinations by going AL-AR-AL?


Yep give it a go. I'd do every two increments because I'd rather dial 50 times than 100 haha.
Make sure you keep track, in case a number is wrong, you should see a new gate on this wheel, then you'll have to fix a different one.
<<

MeddlingKid

Newbie

Posts: 12

Joined: Mon May 27, 2024 4:11 am

Post Wed Jun 05, 2024 5:52 am

Re: LaGard 3330

Well I went through the dial using 83.5-59-X and unfortunately did not get an open. Here's what the chart looked like:
83.5-59-XXv2_.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Cheesehead

Familiar Face

Posts: 91

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:26 am

Location: Manitoba, Canada

Post Wed Jun 05, 2024 7:58 pm

Re: LaGard 3330

MeddlingKid wrote:Well I went through the dial using 83.5-59-X and unfortunately did not get an open. Here's what the chart looked like:
83.5-59-XXv2_.png


This is making me distrust your hi lo test. Put wheel 3 at 84 and try wheel 1 again.
<<

Cheesehead

Familiar Face

Posts: 91

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:26 am

Location: Manitoba, Canada

Post Wed Jun 05, 2024 8:18 pm

Re: LaGard 3330

In general, here is what you want to do: graph, check for which wheel, find the dead centre of the gate for the direction you’re dialing or wish to dial the wheel, then repeat on other wheels.
I consider the graphing the least technical part of that process. Just wanted to stress finding the center of the gate, I took it for granted you knew to do that, so just a reminder
<<

MeddlingKid

Newbie

Posts: 12

Joined: Mon May 27, 2024 4:11 am

Post Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:13 pm

Re: LaGard 3330

Cheesehead wrote:In general, here is what you want to do: graph, check for which wheel, find the dead centre of the gate for the direction you’re dialing or wish to dial the wheel, then repeat on other wheels.
I consider the graphing the least technical part of that process. Just wanted to stress finding the center of the gate, I took it for granted you knew to do that, so just a reminder

Apologies, but I am not following. Based on the graphing I've done so far, it seems like there's a gate between 59-61. So is determining the middle of the gate simply the midpoint between low points in the gate (so in this case it would be 60)? Then, to determine which wheel it's on, I would run the high/low test?

If my measurements were all correct for 83.5 being on wheel 1, and I checked them a couple times so should be good, can the high/low test sometimes give inaccurate readings? So for example, if the widest contact area is showing on a given wheel, is the tested number sometimes not actually on that wheel?
<<

Cheesehead

Familiar Face

Posts: 91

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:26 am

Location: Manitoba, Canada

Post Thu Jun 06, 2024 6:39 pm

Re: LaGard 3330

MeddlingKid wrote:
Cheesehead wrote:In general, here is what you want to do: graph, check for which wheel, find the dead centre of the gate for the direction you’re dialing or wish to dial the wheel, then repeat on other wheels.
I consider the graphing the least technical part of that process. Just wanted to stress finding the center of the gate, I took it for granted you knew to do that, so just a reminder

Apologies, but I am not following. Based on the graphing I've done so far, it seems like there's a gate between 59-61. So is determining the middle of the gate simply the midpoint between low points in the gate (so in this case it would be 60)? Then, to determine which wheel it's on, I would run the high/low test?

If my measurements were all correct for 83.5 being on wheel 1, and I checked them a couple times so should be good, can the high/low test sometimes give inaccurate readings? So for example, if the widest contact area is showing on a given wheel, is the tested number sometimes not actually on that wheel?


It seems that 84 on this new graph is once again your best reading. It means that either:
You have 2 wheels set to the same number, or extremely close
You mistagged a wheel, and the 84 gate is actually on this wheel
Or this reading at 84 is nothing, and you’ll have to try searching a different wheel for optimization.

I think in all of these scenarios you park the wheel you just graphed at 84 and try another wheel
<<

MeddlingKid

Newbie

Posts: 12

Joined: Mon May 27, 2024 4:11 am

Post Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:02 pm

Re: LaGard 3330

At this point I may just call a locksmith to assist. I've probably spent 20 hours hunched over this thing trying to get it open and I don't feel like I'm making any progress.
<<

Cheesehead

Familiar Face

Posts: 91

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:26 am

Location: Manitoba, Canada

Post Sat Jun 08, 2024 7:14 pm

Re: LaGard 3330

MeddlingKid wrote:At this point I may just call a locksmith to assist. I've probably spent 20 hours hunched over this thing trying to get it open and I don't feel like I'm making any progress.


I thought you made a fair amount of progress, but if the time is too expensive then a locksmith may be the best.
savta.org is a good place to check for safe technicians in your area
Previous

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot]

Don't forget to visit our sponsors for all of your lockpicking needs!
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Grop
"CA Black" theme designed by stsoftware