FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

AutoDialer zoom talk with Wayne winton

<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:11 am

AutoDialer zoom talk with Wayne winton

Interesting zoom talk on safe autodialers
"Locksmiths United Monthly Zoom Meeting Topic Autodialer opening safe locks guest Marek Pederzoli - YouTube" https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxd4E-ajk2Q

Loose Or Misaligned dials and splines to forgotten combos ..interesting stuff :safedial:

Ringo
<<

M4estro

Post Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:06 am

Re: AutoDialer zoom talk with Wayne winton

Hi, I was the guest of the talk. If anyone has any questions or suggestions, I am always happy to talk about our dialers and other tools.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:00 am

It's a pleasure to hear from you to do a follow up on Keypicking
the locksport community hub for over a decade ..not just a club for the select few.

Let me say : Big thumbs up for follow up

It's definitely a interesting new product from what I've heard and seen so far
If you would be so kind to tell us about the Jack AutoDialer and why it's called jack
And the safes it will open ..or if there's a list of lock models jack is designed to open
What makes jack so unique...

I've got one question and suggestion regarding the weight of this AutoDialer in its small
carrying case and Looks light weight in vid ..already !

But Transporting tools around is part and parcel of the job , as l know safe techs travel On aeroplane's
I Think 5 to 10 kg Max is standard hand luggage in Europe...and many things go missing in airports to carry this
With you due to cost ..Would be a bonus and less stressfull for sure.

Lov the birthday Combos

Thank you

Ringo
<<

M4estro

Post Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:58 am

Sure, no problem :)

We started this project about 5 or 6 years ago. The name is actually a tribute to my colleague who makes keyed safe decoders under the name Jack Wolf. He came up with the initial idea and got the team together.

Most safe technicians who have an autodialer don't actually use it very often. Usually this is because it takes too long to install and often you can't (or don't want to) leave it running overnight as it can be stolen or damaged. On some locks, especially newer Group 2M locks, the dialers can skip the combination unless you use a very small step or slow speed, which then takes too long, so in many cases it is just easier to drill the safe.
We wanted an autodialer that was easy to install, easy to use, reliable and, most importantly, allowed us to try the most common combinations first.

I don't want to bore you with the development history, it was quite long and there were a few dead ends (like using a robotic arm that would do many other things than just autodialing :)).

After the first year we had a version that worked well and had some features that the other autodialers didn't have, but it took another 2 years of development to get to a point where we were really happy with it and released it to the public. The first commercial version was simply called JACK and it was a big success at the LockFest show in the Czech Republic.
Of course we continued with the development and listen to our customers and after about 2 more years we released the current range of autodialers: JACK Plus, JACK Professional (and the restricted JACK Government, which I won't talk too much about).

JACK Plus is the successor to the original JACK. There are many improvements and details, but the main advantages over other dialers are
1. Faster and easier installation and centring
2. Possibility to try common combinations first (you can get some very fast openings this way)
3. Better speed settings and more detailed dial step settings
4. No need for a tablet or other device
5. It is upgradable to JACK Professional

JACK Professional has everything from JACK Plus and quite a lot more including:
1. A second gripper for large dials and a base extension for elevated surfaces around the dials
2. More dials are supported in the software including dials where 0 and 100 are split, non-standard dials with 40-200 numbers and inverse dials with index on the dial and numbers on the dial ring.
3. Smart Mode that allows running several dialing modes on its own without user input
4. Diagnostic mode for situations where a known combination has stopped working due to user error or a mechanical problem.
5. Scoping helper mode, which allows the combination to be scoped quickly via the change key hole
6. Support for custom combination lists from a microSD card
7. SMS notifications available

Unlike other autodialers, you can use JACK Professional for just about any job where you need to open a combination lock. It it is a malfunction or messed combo change, you just put it on with the diagnostics mode first. If it is a lost combo, you just run the Smart mode and go for a coffee. You can get an SMS notification when the lock is open. If the lock is not open when you come back, you can decide what to do next. You can either leave it running (you can set it to relock the lock when the combination is found) or perhaps decide you want to drill and scope the lock in which case you can use the dialer to quickly align the gates when using the key change hole.

Even if you know right from the start that you can drill the lock quickly, it is usually still better to put the dialer on first for a few minutes while you get your tools ready. You may get a quick opening on some common combo without a need for repair and even if you don't, the dialer makes the whole process much more impressive to the customer (which makes it more likely they will call you again or recommend you to someone else. It also makes it easier to ask for a higher price than someone that just drills everything).

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks